Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995 E320
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 E320. Yesterday when moving the driver's seat forward all the way, 2 quarter-inch ball bearings fell out at the back of the seat.
Does anyone know where these belong and how I get them back in? Seems ridiculous that these should fall out. The car only has 40,000 miles on it.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
You may need new seat rails. In order for the bearings to fall out there may be damage to the rail. Either way you'll probably have to remove the seat to fix this.

·
Registered
1995 E320
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yal, thanks for the info. I have the 124 factory service manuals but cannot find any description of the seat rails and the parts that make up the rail. Before I start taking the seat apart, it would be great to know where those ball bearings should be reinserted. I've had too many "ball bearing" incidents where they fall out of unknown places and have spent considerable amounts of time getting them back.

·
Registered
Depends on the day!
13,337 Posts
They don't show bearings in the EPC, so my guess is you'll have to dive in there.. But I'm going to wager you'll need new rails as a minimum if the bearings are falling out:-/

Jonathan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts