Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1984 190D
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nasty grinding sound coming from my front right wheel when I brake. Any ideas on the culprit? No indicator lights are on. From what I've read it could be the pads, rotors, or wheel bearings. Any advice as in time, cost, and difficulty of the job would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1984 190D
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think my car has ABS. It's an 84 2.2l. The wheels are stock but I did just switch from my winter tires and rims. The snow tires are on rims from an 87 MB 500 series. They are a lot wider than my stock rims. Could that have caused the problem?

·
Registered
1991 300SE
1,435 Posts
turn0267 - 4/10/2006 10:43 AM

I don't think my car has ABS. It's an 84 2.2l. The wheels are stock but I did just switch from my winter tires and rims. The snow tires are on rims from an 87 MB 500 series. They are a lot wider than my stock rims. Could that have caused the problem?
Only thing I can think of is....take the wheel off and remove the caliper to inspect it and the pads/rotor. If it only happens when you apply the brake, then it sounds like worn pads grinding into the rotor. A bearing problem would usually announce its presence when turning corners. My $.02

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts