Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes Benz S320 SWB
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, Group,

I have a 97 S320 and would like to replace the interior map/reading lamps/overhead console bulbs from their original clear "white" lamps to an amber-like bulb.

I have ambient-type lighting in my home, and like the idea of having a softer, warmer interior light scheme for my S320.

By the way, I did replace the lower door edge bulb to a red bulb. Looks great, and makes the door opening more visible to oncoming traffic when parking along a street.

Always enjoy reading the posts to the group and learning more about our W140s!

Thanks,

James Combs,
Salt Lake City, Utah USA
1997 S320, 87,200 miles

·
Registered
92 500SEL to 01 E320T current 2014 lexus LS460
3,886 Posts
The lateral lenses are held in place by tabs on the lens, be carefull. I dont recall how the smaller one is held or the bulb

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes Benz S320 SWB
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replacing Reading/Map bulbs with Amber bulbs

Hi, Group,

I have a 97 S320 and would like to replace the interior map/reading lamps/overhead console bulbs from their original clear "white" lamps to an amber-like bulb.

I have ambient-type lighting in my home, and like the idea of having a softer, warmer interior light scheme for my S320.

By the way, I did replace the lower door edge bulb to a red bulb. Looks great, and makes the door opening more visible to oncoming traffic when parking along a street.

Always enjoy reading the posts to the group and learning more about our W140s!

Thanks,

James Combs,
Salt Lake City, Utah USA
1997 S320, 87,200 miles
Thanks, Peter. I'm looking to substitute the bullet bulbs (white) with amber bulbs.

Any advice, anyone?

James Combs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts