Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 E500
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a front plate bracket for my E500. I took my car in for service last week and inquired about one and was quoted $63 [xx(]. That seems a bit much for a piece of molded black plastic....Thanks

·
Registered
2005 E500
141 Posts
My dealership gave me this item for FREE. When I stripped the screw-holes on it installing a license plate plastic "bubble" cover in place of the dealer frame they gave me when they put on the plate mount, they gave me a REPLACEMENT mount for FREE. I think you should tell your dealer that you plan on inquiring to MB corporate about this item and see if the price drops back to FREE from $63.00 [:)] You are right, this is just a simple piece of plastic and something that they should "comp" you when you by a car like an E500.

·
Registered
2003 E500
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I sent them an email this week, so we will see what they say about it. Meanwhile, I will try and find out if anyone has one they arent using.

·
Registered
2005 E500
141 Posts
You probably will be able find someone who isn't "using" their front plate bracket.

It was almost painful for me to have to put this on my new car, but on balance, it was not as painful as having to pay $30.00 a month for "no front plate" tickets that the parking enforcement around here give out.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2003 E55 AMG
55 Posts
If front license plates are required, the car should have the mount for it. Now here's a silly question, have you checked in the rear of your trunk? Around the spare tire/cargo area? I found my license plate mount in there. If they still give you a hassle about paying for it, I would suggest speaking with the salesman that sold you the car. Your salesman should practically jump through hoops to keep you as a valued and satisfied customer. Besides, you shouldn't have to pay for something that was supposed to be there anyway. BTW, here's the part number for it too: A211 885 17 81.

·
Registered
2003 E500
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks....I never bothered to look back there, but I will check that out. I have been asking around to see if anyone has one they arent using and will be checking the junkyards to see if I can pick up one.

·
Registered
C 230 Sport
184 Posts
Your going to be checking with junkyards? Why would you put a used beat up front plate mount on Benz? Is $63 that much? Just buy it brand new. If you could afford an E500 than I think you can swing $63.

·
Registered
2003 E500
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BrabusNYC, its morals man, morals. [:D] In light, I have come to realize why it does cost that much. According to the dealer, its color coded to match the car. So not only are you paying for the piece, but the color coding as well.

·
Registered
2000 CLK430 Coupe Silver/Gray
185 Posts
Try this....2000 CLK430 brilliant silver license plate mount.... $128.00 I refuse to pay $130 bucks for a piece of plastic, even if it is painted to match my car. I will duct tape it to my bumper before I write a check for that....its all principal!!

·
Registered
2000 Designo SLK-05 C230WK-05 E320CDi-2010 GLK 350
714 Posts
Mercedes was recently the loser in a class action for not mounting the front plates. Most owners don't want the front plate screwing up the looks but MB/USA will supply them free of charge of you ask because of the suit. The SA should know about this. Don't expect parts or sales to have a clue though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts