Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got 2002 S500, and my front panel buttons (9 of them ESP, ABC,Raising car,flashers, lock unlock, and others) those that are above the GPS stopped working. It looks like a RELAY or some fuses went bad. Can someone confirm this, and if its a relay can you tell me where its located and or what is needed to replace it?
Thank you

·
Registered
2005 Mercedes-Benz S500, 1982 300SD, and about 4 other parts cars in rubbermaid bins in the garage
306 Posts
Is your pass side floor wet in the front?

Pull the carpet up and check.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
2013 S550
10,978 Posts
The W220 S-Class Encyclopedia Sticky has a number of links that discuss this problem.

·
Registered
2005 Mercedes-Benz S500, 1982 300SD, and about 4 other parts cars in rubbermaid bins in the garage
306 Posts
Did you check the fuses? Pass side rear foot light cover pops off (led light for night time), or its in the engine compartment on the pass side. Can't remember.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Quite possible that your SAM is dead under the front seat. Or the switch cluster went bad.

Instead of running around thinking it could be this or that take it to a INDE shop and have them STAR scan it. Then you will know exactly what is wrong with it. May cost you $100, but its well worth it for the piece of mind of knowing what is wrong with your ride.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
been at dealer today servicing my ML500 and asked about s500 problem, they told me that they did similar problem on some C class, said that the wiring shorted out and with some other part inside the panel, and the part coast $1200 + $250 labor to replace it. So i guess ill manage without that part.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts