Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 GL550
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just snagged a 2009 GL550 w/ 13k. Got it for almost 10k less than KBB. It did not have a front liscense palte. In Texas thay are required. Anyone out there that lives in a state that req these NOT put them on and any law enforcement repercussions?

·
Registered
GL320 CDI - 2008, '04 Touareg V10 TDI, '85 Unimog U1700, '83 Mitsubishi 4WD turbodiesel PU
525 Posts
If you get pulled over you will certainly get bitched at - If you are really nice about it though that MAY be as far as it goes. Take your chances. Front license plate brackets are available and are not hard to put on. Careful measurement is desirable.

·
Registered
GL450 2008
5 Posts
Just put the OEM front bracket that came with it on mine yesterday to put on a front plate and now the parking sonar beeps at low speed. I thought it was picking up the bracket edge reflection. I took it off and now the parking sonar still beeps warning, front and back Anyone else with this experience? I drilled the holes for the bracket and used sheet metal screws in the plastic bumper. Is there a sonar sensor wire running inside the bumper that might have been nicked?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts