Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is ML320, 2000

My front lights break down every 3 months on the average and have to be replaced. Is this normal?

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
I wouldn't have thought that was normal Adam.

I can't tell you why; but I'm sure the experts will chip in shortly.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I think you mean the bulbs burn out every 3 months.
If that's what you are trying to say...
It's not normal for the bulbs to fail within that short time. Other espters on this board can give possible causes for premature+repeated bulb failures.

·
Premium Member
16,759 Posts
If that's the case, I'll bet that he made some modification to the lighting system by using some high intensity bulb.

·
Registered
675 Posts
When changing the bulbs do you use cotton gloves or do you touch the bulbs with your bare fingers? If you touch the bulbs without gloves the oil on your fingers will make them burn up fast.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for the wording. Yes, it is the buls that burnt out every 3 months. I normally ask the tech at dealer to change them for me. They used their hands.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Sorry for the wording. Yes, it is the buls that burnt out every 3 months. I normally ask the tech at dealer to change them for me. They used their hands.
No thats a suprise... sorry couldn't help it.
Any halfway trained monkey wrench knows not to touch these light with the bare hands, it's on the package on every halogen bulb!
Change the bulb yourself or if you cant do it tell your mechanic to use rubber or cotton gloves like Solidjake said. Report back if you still have a problem, I also would ask the dealer for the money back if the bulbs burned out from touching...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts