Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2011 E350 came with the front license plate mounted already by the dealer and I noticed the screws on there now holding the dealer frame are not your standard phillips shape. See attached photo.

My question is how will I be able to unscrew it to put on our license plate when we get it. Do we need to go to the dealer to have my plates put on? What type of screw is this? Any one have the same issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Your dealer will install the plates for you when they arrive. When they do you can ask them to use regular screws instead.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Our plates came but I still have not mounted them yet as the front plate is a curved so wanted to see if any W212 owners have any tips on installing the front plates. Don't want to do anything stupid and mess up the plates or the mounting bracket. I know W211 owners had problems with the front plates but it looks like the W212 is not as curved. Any feedback on this is appreciated.

I also noticed the screws for the license plates are a bit long and may damage the bumper if I don't use a license frame with the plate but I prefer not to have a frame. I wish the dealer did not mount the front license bracket.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts