Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
560SL,380SL
4,012 Posts
My experience with 107 SL's is that the Euro colors for brand new lenses is a little darker than the brand new US counterparts. There may be DOT/TUV differences in spec for the color "yellow" on automotive lenses.

Note that ALL of these lenses fade over time. This isn't generally so bad on 107 US "side markers" because they can't be seen at the same time but it IS a big deal for taillights and turn signals - so it's best to get these as a pair, new or used.

I've found that Plastx plastic polish and a LOOSE cotton buff on a drill can take this type of plastic and make the surface indistinguishable from new with very little work. The shiny "new" of plastic makes a big difference in the perception of the car.

·
Slightly creased
2015 ML 400 x 2
16,613 Posts
there is a difference between the NA and Euro indicators, the Euro are a much darker orange whereas the NA a sort of sickly yellow/orange - just another of your DOT things...

·
Registered
78 280S, 81 300SD, 82 300D, 92 300E 2.6, 90 260SE, 94 S280, 10 E300,
900 Posts
You can see in the photos:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w126-s-se-sec-sel-sd/1520905-cascade-wanted-know-about-my-380se.html#post4149768

that my front corner lenses are slightly different in color.

I assumed that one or the other had been replaced. Either one is newer, or the replacement is not euro?

Is there a difference in the euro v NA colors?

is it a gen II replacement issue onto my gen I?

do they actually come that way? if so why?

which is the correct color?
I think the left side corner lights have been replaced with a US DOT item as there seems to be reflectors built in it as the US models have.

AFAIK, there is no difference between gen1 and gen 2 corner lights, the only difference is whether they are US or Euro spec corner lamps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts