Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
05 C230 Kompressor Sedan--Mars Red,2001 Mazda Miata LS, & 2011 GMC Sierra Z-83 pick up
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://mb.ilcats.ru/part/class/1/ccode/F/cat/69N/type/203/subtype/040/group/69/subgr//vers//imgno/7

See diagram and look to part # 160. It's a soft plastic or rubber trim strip that goes below the fender but above the rocker panel. It is appx 1/4-1/2 inch wide and crumbling on my 05 C230.

Has anyone ever changed out theres and if so how difficult is it to access the bolts ( or what ever holds it to the body )? I know you have to lower the rocker panel (at least in the front portion forward of the door area) I dont think it is a water seal but rather so type of anti-rattle/vibration moulding. Anyone ever replace their's ???????????.......................Jon

·
Registered
05 C230 Kompressor Sedan--Mars Red,2001 Mazda Miata LS, & 2011 GMC Sierra Z-83 pick up
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
186 views so far.....Someone on here must know something about this plastic strip. ANYONE??...................................Jon

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,534 Posts
I think you can get to this by removing the rocker panel. You have to remove all the door sill trim to get to the bolts and then it has clips holding it in place. It's not difficult, just time consuming. Also, you won't have to remove the entire panel - just enough to get to the gasket. I did this when I replaced the front left fender on our C240 - the kid scraped it in a parking garage and so I bought a pre-painted fender on eBay. It's not bad job, just a lot of little bolts and clips to deal with.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you can get to this by removing the rocker panel. You have to remove all the door sill trim to get to the bolts and then it has clips holding it in place. It's not difficult, just time consuming. Also, you won't have to remove the entire panel - just enough to get to the gasket. I did this when I replaced the front left fender on our C240 - the kid scraped it in a parking garage and so I bought a pre-painted fender on eBay. It's not bad job, just a lot of little bolts and clips to deal with.
Thanks Rudeney!!! I kind of figured if anyone on here would know it would be you. The job doesn't sound too hard so I'll order the parts and knock it out this coming weekend ( if parts arrive in time)..........................Jon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts