Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Unimog Moderator
250GD Wolf
13,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched, found a few posts on FL-4's, but there are some strange one's here, and I couldn't find a thread Truktor started, so I'll plop these here until someone points out another one to me.

Attachments

·
Unimog Moderator
250GD Wolf
13,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Loving the Grapple bucket.

I'm guessing, the rear counter weight is mandatory?

Attachments

·
Registered
Sold .....1987 U1250 Unimog
1,005 Posts
Anyone with a loader feel like the loader is week or going to rip off?

I have done a lot of loader work and every time I see one on a Unimog I just cringe at the geometry and wonder how much they can take. I recon the angle isn't as bad as I'm thinking but I don't know. 1200 Lbs Unimog with lockers and ballast can put a lot of force on a front end loader...

·
Registered
ex-moglet u1700 (ex U1300L)
472 Posts
Is using the bucket as a winch anchor (as in photo abaove) within what its capable of? Or asking for trouble? Just wondering :)

·
Premium Member
U1250L DOKA
709 Posts
Anyone with a loader feel like the loader is week or going to rip off?

I have done a lot of loader work and every time I see one on a Unimog I just cringe at the geometry and wonder how much they can take. I recon the angle isn't as bad as I'm thinking but I don't know. 1200 Lbs Unimog with lockers and ballast can put a lot of force on a front end loader...
Same here. It always looks like kid, who broke his backhoe model, decided to stick the bucket onto a 'mog.

·
Registered
1976 406 w/ backhoe and dozer blade, a small collection of implements too
1,447 Posts
I've been told (by reputable people with actual experience in this) that a lot of the Case units have a distinctively cracked frame, due to the leverage of the loader on the frame.

·
Banned
'02 UNIMOG® UGN. until its deleted or passes scrutineering.
1,826 Posts
I have run loader since 1975.
Sizes from a Massey F 50 up to a 270 Michigan. I have seen many operators.
Not knowing how to operate a machine is always a recipe for disater, no matter the machine.
Each has its own limits.

Assaloni who makes mine, will tell you, the loader is NOT a simple hook up and go.
There is underneath (as I took a few of) some photos of what is called a super structure. It is a part of the loader attachment. It spans the entire length of the Mog with engineered attach points. It is the 1st to be installed. As well, the Din plate is Assaloni's own. It mounts as MB's own, and also ties into the super structure. The loader mounts onto the added mount locations on the Din plate.

Is it stong? Sure is. Dont know how to operate? Crap will most likely happen.
It also offers quick change mounts for the bucket. This affords forks to be put on. If you can weld, baling spear, roll out bucket etc is no challenge.

One thing, I cannot speak for other loader manufacturers for the Mog. Last important notes here, mine is on the 500 and Assaloni doesnt make them for the 500 anymore. Only for the 300 or 400.

And no, they aint cheap.

·
Registered
1976 406 w/ backhoe and dozer blade, a small collection of implements too
1,447 Posts
Around the power steering mount? Or is that just older 406/416's in General?
I have not seen the offending cracks, but as it has been explained to me by a few folks who have lived the dream, the forward tube connecting the frame rails together, has a tendency to break free at the frame rail. The solution is to slide another pipe inside the original, and re-weld. This is only on the 406's as far as I know.

·
Unimog Moderator
250GD Wolf
13,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Right, sorry. someone told me that before in the Police Doka thread. 4 way.

Still love that Case tractor, I've searched Kijiji once a month just in Case (pun intended!) one in that configuration comes up. Haven't seen one yet :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts