Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if I need front end alignment after replacemnt of the front struts? Also,my mech said he is SURE that lower ball joints need to be replaced (he did not check- he just assumed. the car has 135K miles). I think it's a little early for the ball joint replacemnt in a mercedes. Does anybody have any experience in that department??

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: You might need to replace it, but don't try it yourself its not as easy as you think

Agreed. I just want to replace the struts. I think he meant to say that if I need to replace ball joints, I may as well replace the struts, because there is no additional labor. However, I think I need new struts, but the ball joints look solid. So, Do I need an alignment after the strut replacement??

· Registered
36,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, you need an alignment after doing this. But if your ball joints are bad the lower control arm's must come off so new ball joints can be pressed in. If the boot is torn and/worn it is time to replace them. If you are doing this, it is also beneficial to swap the control arm bushings as well. Then get your alignment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.