Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Front Driver's Window Stuck Shut

Front driver's side power window is stuck fully closed. It also doesn't retract the quarter-inch when the door is opened, so the window doesn't fit into the rubber seal. Thankfully, I'm in a dry climate, but if I was driving in the rain, I'm sure water would come flying in the gap! This is the second time in 3 weeks it has happened. The first time, it just started retracting and working again, after a couple of days. This might be a clue... I get in the car and close the door, then I press the switch to close the front driver's side window (even though it's already closed)... and the rear window closes the last quarter-inch from when it retracts automatically when the door is opened to get in (normally, both the front and rear windows do this automatically, but since the front window is stuck shut, the rear window only retracts automatically when you get in, but doesn't close automatically when the door shuts). It's really odd that activating the front window switch closes the back window. But at least it proves there's power to the switch. You can also hear the switch click when you hold it in the close position for a second or so (as in when resynchronizing the express close feature).

Anyone else had this same problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My left hand front window has done the same

I've had to put the car under a tarp. The dealer suggests it is either a new regulator or a new motor - great. If I could work out how to dismantle the door I'd check for loose connections first.

Did you get your's fixed?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had the same problem a few months ago - driver's side window malfunctioning. Wouldnt roll down, other times wouldnt fully close. At first, hitting the reset button (inside the door frame, just below the latch that the door locks onto) worked. Problem wound up being a faulty front door module. I've read a few threads here (and elsewhere) that suggested you check the wiring for the door, by pulling back the rubber casing at the front of the door frame where the door and the frame connect - evidently at times the wires start cracking and need to be spliced back together. I'm no mechanic and didnt feel comfortable messing with my 215 (I have a good buddy who's a mechanic). Hope this helps, and good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts