Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front and rear speakers work fine that suggests that the head unit is working OK. <br> The front door speakers have no sound. I checked them (by removing the door panel) and the speakers themselves are operational.<br> <br> Anyone has any suggestion where I should look. Is there a separate amp? If it is, where is it and how do you get to it? I also heard that some kind of relay may be bad. Any idea?<br> <br> Thanks,<br> Nk.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you want to keep your sound system stock and just repair your door speakers, you might only need to replace the amplifier board in each door. The small woofers in your doors are powered by a small amplifier made by Clarion for Bose. These amplifier pc boards often fail. The speaker is probably fine. Any good car stereo dealer can replace the amplifier board with one from Perpheral. He should also check the 'turn-on' relay that activates the amplifiers when you turn your radio on. A much better way to improve the sound would be replacing the o.e. tape/radio with a CD head unit (you know, those digital disks that showed up in 1979!), and replace four corner speakers with similar size coaxial (two-way with tweeter)speakers. Visit:www.aampofamerica.com/press/peripheral/99/PBAR-H.htm P.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are two amps in your car in the right rear side panel. Neither is bose or claion they are made by becker and are two channels each. One amp runs the whole left side and the other runs the right side. The door speakers are powered off of the same outputs as the front dash speakers. The only way they can be out is to either be disconnected or be blown. I doubt there is a problem as most people are trying to hear a full range sound out of the doors. The door speakers are your subs so they will only play really low frequencies. Put your hand in front of one of them and turn up the music and see if you feel the vibration from the speaker. I almost never have a problem with the door speakers and to have two out would be really odd. Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts