Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with changing the chrome trim on the front bumper of a c-300? Body shop is telling me you have to drop the bumper to change it. Found replacement piece on eBay.

One of those concrete parking stops was higher than usual and I tapped one pretty good. These chrome trim pieces are actually plastic that are chrome plated.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have done it!!
It requires putting the car on ramps or a lift and removing the front splash pan, I believe there are 6 small screws holding on the 2 sections of the splash pan. That will give access to 2 plastic rivets that fasten the center piece, they are behind the grill. Once the rivets are removed, the center piece can be pulled off and then the side pieces.
There is also some plastic expation rivets, who has to be removed.
Then you can start prying and pushing/pulling the chrome off. It is quite a tricky job to remove the trim.Do not do it if you are in a hurry

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have done it!!
It requires putting the car on ramps or a lift and removing the front splash pan, I believe there are 6 small screws holding on the 2 sections of the splash pan. That will give access to 2 plastic rivets that fasten the center piece, they are behind the grill. Once the rivets are removed, the center piece can be pulled off and then the side pieces.
There is also some plastic expation rivets, who has to be removed.
Then you can start prying and pushing/pulling the chrome off. It is quite a tricky job to remove the trim.Do not do it if you are in a hurry
Thanks. My parts should be delivered in a few days and i give it a try. There is nothing about this car that you can do in a hurry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Traveler0980
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing