Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes, i have done my research on this topic [:D]

can anybody give me some instruction on how to remove the front bumper?

i need to replace my halogen headlights with bi-xenon headlights before i take it to dealer to reset the computer setting. thank you.

·
Registered
E320 W211
64 Posts
I was searching for help on this as well. The only thing I found that may help was a post on mbklasse for the C-class. Looks simple enough, but I am just too lazy to do it. I've found somebody to do the install, just waiting to get the lamps.

·
Registered
SL550
949 Posts
Perhaps my recent posting on the SLK R171 forum will be helpful to you.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1207253&posts=6&fid=27

·
Registered
SL550
949 Posts
Fender/bumper attachment point...

Has anyone removed the standard front bumper from a W211 E-Class? I think I have located all of the fasteners but I am having problems at the point where the bumper cover attaches to the front fender. I peeled back the wheel well liner and removed the sheet metal screw holding the bumper to the fender. There seems to be a metal bracket popped over the seam between the bumper and fender (on the inside). Removal of this bracket is not obvious.

I am trying to mount the license plate bracket without drilling holes directly in the front surface of the bumper. I want to put a metal backing plate behind the bumper cover at the top edge of the mesh grille area. I could probably make do without removing the bumper cover, but, I think a more professional installation will be possible if I can figure out how to disconnect the bumper from the fender.

·
Registered
SL550
949 Posts
Successfully removed the bumper...

It took some time to understand how the bumper cover was secured to the very front edge of the fender. I did manage to remove the bumper without damaging anything. But there were plenty of times when I regretted starting this project.
I will post some photos in the next couple of days.

·
Registered
E320 W211
64 Posts
Finally somebody has attempted this. Yes please do post pictures.

I have an appointment to get the lights installed, but UPS damaged the light during transit and I don't know when replacement will arrive. :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wow~ how did you do that?
i tried it numerous times to remove the clip, but i just couldn't do it. please...please post some pictures with instructions. thanks.

·
Registered
SL550
949 Posts
I started a new thread with a "how to" for removing the front bumper. I included several photos detailing the bumper/fender seam at the front of the fender.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1209573&posts=1&fid=18

1 - 8 of 8 Posts