Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2002 CLK430 Cabriolet with AMG sport package.

My passenger side bumper has a slight drop in front of the front wheel, leaving a small gap between the top of the bumper and the front fender. There is gap movement when I push the bumper upward against the front fender.

I can see a screw between the gap and there is a clip that lock the front bumper in place. Can the screw be tighten to secure the bumper to the front fender?

Any suggestion on what I can do to secure the bumper tight to the fender? :confused:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took the car to the dealer and ask themto take a look and check it out for me. They put on a clip to secure the bumper and the fender. Not sure what clip it is. Cost me nothing so I just thank them and not asking much. One of the few time that I find the dealer is doing me some good. :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
So, you say a dealer did something for free.
You don't happen to partake of hallucinogenic drugs, do you ?
I can't even imagine that happening in my dreams.
The world is upside down.

PS. Joking.
PPS. I'm glad you got it fixed.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, you say a dealer did something for free.
You don't happen to partake of hallucinogenic drugs, do you ?
I can't even imagine that happening in my dreams.
The world is upside down.

PS. Joking.
PPS. I'm glad you got it fixed.
Hi Pancho,

The dealer caused some damage to my front AMG wheel and they have to take it off to have it refinish. While the car was on the hoist, they managed to see the gap and acting on goodwill, put back the missing part (I was told clips) to have the bumper properly securely mounted.

It must be my lucky day with the dealer, they noticed that my wheel caps are missing, they put a preowned set for me as well, again no charge. They did not know I leave the caps off for a reason. I am waiting for a set of after market wheel caps from oversea which are fibre carbon clone with colour coded to match the vehicle. Now I have to wait for the next tire change to remove the caps and install the new set which is in the mail being shipped a week ago..... can't complain....

However, the dealer grabbed more than enough money from me on other ocassion. My service advisor felt my pain. Doing all these freebie to restore customer satisfaction and rebuild my confident of the dealership. I deal with the same service advisor all the time and fill out surveys for his services. That help I guess...:confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts