Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190D 1992 auto 224k
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all new car new joys
got a 1992 190d 214km--- front brakes make interminted squeaking after about 40kms when i toch the pedal it goes away for a while,its the left side first,then goes to the righti have a dogy front left shock too,pads are good,disk has a bit of a lip,but not excessive,,could it be the master cyl,or abs sensors,the lower caliper bolts,if the car is at rest for 15 min,i get another 20km before the sound comes back,i have new left engine mount too,
also what is the best way to disarm the abs as well,
cheers

i wont talk about my low diff whine just yet,looking at replacing bushes soon,

·
Registered
'87--190E 2.3-16v(being rebuilt), '99--C230 Kompressor
3,488 Posts
have you taken them apart and reassembled them to ensure they were put together correctly?

·
Registered
1993 190E 2.6, 1990 300SEL, 1992 300SE, 1992 400E, 1987 190E 2.6 murdered by my brother.
1,291 Posts
The diff whine is natural for this model of car and even the S classes do that at high speeds.

Brakes squeaking are usually the calipers or discs. Nothing to do with your master cylinder. That part only applies the pressure to squeeze the calipers on the disc. Try a rim cleaner sometimes brake dust build up will cause squeaking. Get some acid on it to clean it. If the grease behind your pads are gone it will squeak too when heated up. So make sure you dont hose right on your caliper especially when it is hot from driving.

·
Registered
190D 1992 auto 224k
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the repy,you could be right about the calipiers not been assembled riight,and the grease,will look into it,also one white wire to brakes have been cut as well,

·
Registered
1984, 201.122, OM601.921, G717.410
504 Posts
That sounds like the Honda version of a brake wear indicator -- a metal leaf spring which rubs on the disk to produce a loud squeeking noise.

·
Registered
190D 1992 auto 224k
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ah.out with the the grinder,just brought some 2nd hand calipers anyway with senders and cables ect,and good pads for $50nz the pair,so will inspect the issue,also scored a boot vacuum thingy with them as well as it takes a while to shut off after opening the door,will look at the workshop manual,i downloaded to have a closer look,cheers again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts