Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Sith Lord
11,813 Posts
A totalled car, money reinvested... lots of money I'm assuming. End result not to my taste... at all!

·
Registered
522 Posts
I dont know if a 1990's SL would be my first choice to turn into a track car...But its obvious that money isn't much of an issue for this person

Thanks for saving one R129 at least:D

·
Registered
282 Posts
To much time and money spent on this project IMHO... But if the owner got satisfaction out of it then good luck to him.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I thought it was a well put together Video. A lot of hard work and a great result, nice to see one of these performing on the track and allowing spectators to appreciate our pride and joys. I think the front bumper cover is a real nice piece of kit. wonder where that came from?
Also one of the better youtube music tracks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Mike,

I congratulate you for a job well done ! I can't imagine the labor hours and amount spent on the project. Your passion and determination is perfectly shown by the finished product.

·
Registered
701 Posts
its amazing how much pain and trouble a man will go through for his car!
Great video is all i can say!!

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
I can say that I love that car in the vid and it and I love what he did with it including the wing and the paint job. It really is a work of love despite liking or not and in my opinion it deserves all my respect. More, I noticed that the vid poster is Eabul and maybe the people that have been here for longer like me or more might remember him as he's a fellow member. I haven't seen posts by him for a long time but I still remember him and I wish him the best of luck with his car :D.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
great story.

I enjoyed the video.....obviously you have the love for that car...i understand that.......nice example of setting a goal and achieving it....well done....everyone has different opinions on how an sl should look but we all have that "feeling" about our baby...lol...

·
Registered
4,103 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
It could fool Carfax...

But anyway it is a very clean "resto-mod" as we Americans call it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thank you all

Thank you everyone for all the comments on the video clip..

And i hope i can participate again in this forum..

Now i have a C-Class Black Bison Edition By WALD...

Just waiting for the good weather to come and take the roof of the SL..

All the best from the kingdom of Bahrain..

Oh, Thank you @msbarsi for telling about this chat...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
You are more than welcome eabul :D. You know I've always loved your car :D.

Good luck with your project and enjoy it to the full :D.

Cheers.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts