Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I took delivery (USA) of a Mercedes Benz 240, 4Matic with the sunroof package, heated seats and CD changer on Tuesday.

What a great car! I am coming from a 2001 Audi S4 (Tip) another great car. However, I decided I don't need all that power and wanted a softer ride without sacrificing too much handling. We drove the Audi A4 and BMW 325XI, but felt that the 240 had the best combination of ride and handling for us.

So far I am really pleased. The car is so quiet and rides so well and for over the road driving (especially on the highway) the handling is superb. Also, it breaks smoother than the S4.

We considered the 320, but decided the amenities on the 240 were sufficient and the power was adequate.

Really love this car.

FrankB

·
Registered
'01 C240
272 Posts
Why not the C230K sedan? I find my 240 annoyingly slow! My Audi just feels SOOO much qui...

Why not the C230K sedan? I find my 240 annoyingly slow! My Audi just feels SOOO much quicker and more responsive. But I do like the ride on the 240 much better, smoother, softer and heavier. Congrats on your purchase! What's on the mod list?

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
Congrats, FrankB...

I'm glad you love your new toy just like I do on my 3 days old C320 sport sedan, what color show some picture
[:)][:D][;)]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Why not the C230K sedan? I find my 240 annoyingly slow! My Audi just feels SOOO much qui

Thanks.

I wanted all wheel drive and you can only get it in the C240 and C320. I decided the C240 had sufficient power and so far I am pleased, although the S4 had much more power. I like the manual feature on the automatic (I also had that on the S4) and when I need a little extra acceleration I manually downshift a gear (after break in a gear or two).

The other thing was that the C230 only comes with 17 inch wheels and low profile summer tires. Summer tires have virtually no traction on icy roads due to the low temperatures and are not good in the snow. I would have had to buy winter tires (and possibly rims) and had the hassle of changing them every year or buying all season tires and trying to get by with rear wheel drive in our New England winters. Finally, I don't like low profile tires as they can bubble easily, although the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S all season tires I put on my S4 held up well. I had a bubble in one of the original summer tires after 3000 miles. Even with all wheel drive the summer tires are dangerous in the winter.

I drove the C230 and liked it very much. If they had offered it in 4matic I would have bought it.

Frank B

Why not the C230K sedan? I find my 240 annoyingly slow! My Audi just feels SOOO much quicker and more responsive. But I do like the ride on the 240 much better, smoother, softer and heavier. Congrats on your purchase! What's on the mod list?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Congrats, FrankB...

Thanks. Congratulations on your new C320! My C240 is Everest Green with the Oyster interior. I will post a picture soon. Your car is beautiful.

Frank B

I'm glad you love your new toy just like I do on my 3 days old C320 sport sedan, what color show some picture
[:)][:D][;)]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts