fix it? get all four redone?
or get chrome??
What is your experience??

Thanks!

·
Registered
1999 SL 500 Sport Pk
29 Posts
I posted on this a while back....I had two 99 sport AMG rims that has some discoloration and rough edges....After researching it big time, I sent them to a place in Indiana and had all four of my rims reconditioned one at a time...The surprising thing was that it only took a week turnaround on each wheel and all of them ended up looking brand new...
I paid $145 per wheel and they paid the return shipping when they sent them back...The intial shipping ran me about $20 dollars a piece but that was with $500 dollars of insurance on each rim...So in total I spent about $360 for all four..I considered buying new ones but good luck finding them less than $2300 to $2500...
I'm just not a big fan of the Chrome ones but hey that is just me...

Mike

·
Registered
98 SL500 SPORT SLVR
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where in Indiana? Im near Hammond.
I think i saw that post. So it took 4 weeks! wow. Thats a lot of time. lol. Was it TURBAX?
Yeah, im not a fan of chrome on these cars.
Im considering going up a size though. But after hitting that little pot hole ad doin this damage, i may sti with what i have.

·
Registered
1999 SL 500 Sport Pk
29 Posts
I am looking for my receipt so I will get back to you on exactly where in Indiana...Turbax in Pensacola gave me their info and I went from there...

As far as the four weeks...I really think that if you go there that they would just swap all of them out...I say this because I believe that have wheels that they have already reconditioned in stock and so they just take yours and give you the ones they have that are ready to go....That is what I think due to the quick turnaround time that I got in shipping mine from Alabama...

·
Registered
1999 SL 500 Sport Pk
29 Posts
I want to say Huntington, Indiana but I'm still looking....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts