Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1996 S500 coupe
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of the local vw members offers a detailing service from his house. I went there on Sunday, and after he spent about 5 hrs on the paint, it's as reflective as when it was brand new. pics don't really do it justice, but oh well

·
Registered
93 500SEL & 99 S500
1,022 Posts
AWESOME! My 500SEL is going in to get detailed in a few weeks. I'll be sure to post pictures afterward. They are fixing all the dents on the doors, doing a bunch of touch-ups and are going to bring the paint back to new! The buffing alone is going to cost $220! It'll be worth it though! She is going to look b-e-a-utiful, like she just left the showroom

·
Registered
1993 300SEL (Sold) 2007 X5
7,218 Posts
Yea I'm going to wash and wax this weekend but not like this.....:eek: That looks amazing congrats man.

·
Registered
1994 S320 SWB
703 Posts
holy crap...i recently saw an ad at my local "tuner shop" for this sort of extreme cleaning service and they were charging $145...i thought it was ridiculous but if it's going to come out looking like that, once all the pollen stops landing on my car, im there! fantastic car!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
wow you're in Toronto...me too and for $85 im interested! Can you PM me for details?

Car looks amazing.

·
Premium Member
1996 S320 (Kuro) 1998 S600 (Weiss)
2,883 Posts
That is some serious shine you've got going on there snik -

I tried my best to do the same but... not even close!

·
Registered
1995 Silver S-320
681 Posts
Don't feel bad Haku. I washed, clayed and waxed my Silver 95 S320 and it was just as shiny as yours but no where near the gentleman up top. Black is much harder to maintain but seems to have a much better reflection if done right.

·
Registered
S320 + R34 SKYLINE
167 Posts
that looks truly amazing... obviously the guy who you got to do the job takes great pride in his work... that is the best cut and polish job ive seen in years..

·
Registered
1996 S600 (Sebastian), 1999 SLK230 Kompressor (Tie Fighter)
638 Posts
Hey Snik, send that dude my way, will ya? WOW! I'm impressed! I am a detailed, nit picky sorta guy and THAT is incredible. I'd like to know what he used to bring that paint up like that. Call him and share. THANKS!

·
Registered
2005 E55 Designo
888 Posts
Clean! was you car in the auto trader last year, then I saw one that matched it, a 96 with the same amg's

·
Registered
1996 S500 coupe
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
600amg said:
Clean! was you car in the auto trader last year, then I saw one that matched it, a 96 with the same amg's
never had it on the trader, yet.. may be thinking of selling it in the future, but havent given it much thought

·
Registered
1996 S500 coupe
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if I sell it, I would be asking for $16,800 (cdn) as it is well maintained, no accidents ever, and all svc is up to date, but being that it runs so well, I have no justification to sell it at this time unless I find the right replacement that I fall in love with.. and the replacement will be no other car but a 2k+ CL500, also blk on blk.

·
Registered
2005 E55 Designo
888 Posts
Sounds good, down the road if you do, let me know.

My friend 26yrs old(daddy's big $) has a cl65 biturbo and that is only one of his toys. Spoiled brat!

·
Registered
1996 S500 coupe
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cl65 would be wayy too much of a car for me now

you need the house, and lifestyle to go with that and I am not at that stage of my life/career .. yet

1 - 18 of 18 Posts