Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
12,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, here is a short series. There are also "short DOKAS", and regular cab variants, but let's start here.

It is interesting to me that a high percentage of these French Fire Vehicles have an internal Roll Cage fitted, as well as brush bars that also often double as part of the Spritzer system.

When I went through the German Versions of the UHN/SBU fire vehicles, DOKAS or otherwise, nary a one had an Internal cage. Points to the French.

They mainly run a three-hoop cage, with a single vertical bar between the seats on the B-piller hoop.

Attachments

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
12,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
P.6.
THE all Red one snuck in- Not French, I reckon.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Interesting picture of the one cleaning itself. I wonder if this is intended to be NBC decontamination, what I would expect if these were to be used pretty much only in an urban environment, or if this is for vehicle protection in grass or brush fires where you have to traverse hot ground? Pretty neat in any case.

·
Registered
UNIMOG, Gelaendewagen
935 Posts
Interesting picture of the one cleaning itself. I wonder if this is intended to be NBC decontamination, what I would expect if these were to be used pretty much only in an urban environment, or if this is for vehicle protection in grass or brush fires where you have to traverse hot ground? Pretty neat in any case.
All of these apparatus are going to be primarily for brush fire with some urban interface. I doubt any of them are intended to be first in structural units, nor would they have any intention of being used in an NBC environment. The system you see is, as mentioned, for self preservation within a wildfire if egress becomes a problem. Again, insert drool icon.

·
Registered
U1450L DOKA
12,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here are some more of the self-spritzing systems.
Some show a defensive grouping of the trucks, with firemen using nozzles
to get it done.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts