Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im told the bearings are going out, there was a squeek between 2100 and 2800. there is oil dripping from the turbo near the front underneath. oil inside the upper hose top of engine by the injectors (large hose 3" or so).
My question is: must i remove the turbo from the exhaust manifold? there are three very rusty hexagon headed bolts connecting to the manifold. they are probably froze... Id like to do this without removing the engine :) . it runs fine, no smoke. 20 + MPG fuel responsive still...

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so far ive been able to remove the cartridge from the cast turbo housing, that after removing resonator/actuator and alternator. anyone attempts this you must have 1/4 drive E torx sockets and 12 mm half moon wrench for the manifold to turbo bolts. I do not have that casting removed yet, just ordered a half moon wrench. i found gentle heating with acetylene torch # 3 tip helped to dislodge the cartridge. Now that is off i can access the rusty manifold bolts, hoping heat will loosen them. one can buy the cartridge only but i would rather replace the entire unit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
1 Participant
steven phelps
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing