Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 C230 Kompressor SS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally posted this in another section, I did not know this, but now i do.. I might be a little behind on this but Discount tire offers FREE tire repair. They also do FREE rotations and tire inspections.

You do not have had to buy your tires from them. I walked in there yesterday because my tire got puntured by two screws. They use the plug/patch method which is the best way to repair a tire. I didn't know that they offered this service until they handed me back my keys and told me i was good to go!

I know they're nationwide so if theres one near you, It's something to keep in mind.. Oh, and they price match

·
Registered
1962 W111 220SE Coupe
2,289 Posts
Yup, they have the best service of any of the tire store chains, price match online competitors and do good & quick work. Always been impressed and they have serviced both vehicles I've taken there.

·
Registered
99 E430, 01 E430 Sport, 00 SL500
3,266 Posts
Last year, I got a flat. The shop actually removed the tire, did some patch pressing from the inside. Before going to Las Vegas, the 120F heat and the long road scared me. I had the repaired tire replaced. Having said all that, I think most tire repairs are for temporary use. The warning is on the label of the repair kit, too. If you don't want to take risk with tire repair, buy a new tire. It cost much more but peace of mind is priceless.

·
Registered
2005 C230 Kompressor SS
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Plugging" is not approved by any tire manufacturer.

The only approved patch is a patch applied internally.
They don't simply patch your tire. They remove the tire from the rim, plug the hole in your tire and patch from the inside. The repair is a permanent one and will outlast the rest of your tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts