Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchaced the MB shop manuel DVD set on e-bay & found that they won't work on a PC using Vista. There was nothing about this in the product description so I can't use them. Hopefully, someone out there using another operating system can get some use from them, so I,m giving them away! 1st come, 1st served. Let me know & they're yours. Enjoy,Vince

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi Vince,

What model does the DVD cover? I might be interested depending.

Thanks,

Alex

·
Registered
378 Posts
Interested.....Does the product discripton indicate what the DVDs covers in the manual? Im running windows XP, maybe they will work.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I belong to another car forum and we have posted service manuals as a "Sticky" so that anyone can access them. Have you considered asking the moderator of this site to post the manual for everyone to access?

Just my .02 worth. (Cause I can sure use a manual for the '82 380SL that I just bought.)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I can help in getting it to work on Vista. Have you tried running it in compatability mode? Vista will run an application in compatability mode so the program thinks that its running in XP. If you need help PM me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Host the files on file sharing server

Hey, can you put it on rapidshare or megaupload and give us a link. This way everybody can access it!

·
CH4S Admin , Outstanding Contributor
39,254 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Has anyone hear from the OP?

I was able to get an old service manual to work in Vista in compatibility mode.
I have a W124 & W201 DVD that might work for his application. PIF file included.

-J

1 - 20 of 44 Posts