Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These two photos don't look like much but it's great progress to the project. I now have motor mounts ready to weld into the car. The aluminum plates are cut and ready to weld into the oil pan to close it up. I would like to get the welding done next week.

Once the welding is finished, I can put the oil pan internals back in and bolt it on the engine. Then it's time to bolt the engine to the tranny and drop them into the car!! Whooohooo!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Awesome! I'll race ya....we'll see if you have the car running first, or if I have Nancy's SEL completely done first...ha ha! :)

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
I think there should be a GTG in Las Vegas to Christen the car when it's ready for the first drive...OK the second or third or 20th! I know if I had it so close to the first drive I wouldn't be able to wait for a date set in stone. But a GTG to honor Franken Benz and Mike, (Gail Too.),is a MUST!

What does it cost to rent the NASCAR track or the local Drag Strip, for a day????(now I know I'm Talking off the wall.)

Glad to see the progress.

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Mike,
I'm curious. Are you using any vibration control in the motor mounts?
Bushings, pads, etc?

·
Always Remembered RIP
10,146 Posts
Great work Mike!!!

I can't wait to come down and see it when it's is in the car, and maybe get a demonstration "lunge"...

All my best to you and Gail, great people!!!

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mike,
I'm curious. Are you using any vibration control in the motor mounts?
Bushings, pads, etc?
There are some polyurethane bushings in there but this will be much harder mounts than the MB motor mounts. I thought about using non-polyurethane (e.g., rubber), but this engine has around 450 ft/lbs of torque and might just rip the MB mount right out of the car.

GM LS Series

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
You rock Mike!

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
That does look good! Those are some pretty welds. I totally suck at welding. I wouldn't trust anything I welded at all.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts