Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 40 of 9853 Posts

·
R/C107 Moderator
31,467 Posts
Anyone interest I would be willing to inspect. It has been around for awhile. Only about 4 miles from where I used to live.

·
R/C107 Moderator
31,467 Posts
Nice looking SL. Wonder about the '71 year though. Not enough pictures to tell.

·
R/C107 Moderator
31,467 Posts
I've seen a few '71's with the aerial on the rear quarter. Nothing strange in that.
Hate to disagree but the original location is front fender.
Only thng I can think of is if it had an auto antenna. Then maybe it was located in the rear. Can't see why MB would do that but...............

·
One of the BW Old Guard/R129, W204 Moderator
7,140 Posts
Hate to disagree but the original location is front fender.
Only thng I can think of is if it had an auto antenna. Then maybe it was located in the rear. Can't see why MB would do that but...............
now I do recall auto antennae on the front as well. I think it was the new girl (cite epic welcome post) who had raised this question... Seems she had an astronomical quote to have it replaced, due to removing the kick panel, etal...

·
Premium Member
5,924 Posts
now I do recall auto antennae on the front as well. I think it was the new girl (cite epic welcome post) who had raised this question... Seems she had an astronomical quote to have it replaced, due to removing the kick panel, etal...
Ah yes, Tanalee. I recommended a rubber stubby replacement. And about the antenna...

·
R/C107 Moderator
31,467 Posts
Yes. The antenna on the fender is a PITA to get to and remove. Both my '72 and '73 have it there.

·
R/C107 Moderator
31,467 Posts
Doesn't mean they are original. Maybe standard spec. V US.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Yeah, it's ugly. I escaped it by the skin of my teeth ('85). I thought it was mandatory in '85, but I guess Mercedes paid somebody off.

·
R/C107 Moderator
31,467 Posts
Haven't we discussed this fraudulent seller before. It will go for around 14K. Whether it actually sells is another story.
Someone from another BW forum was following this group. He may have been from another country and the car he received was a rusted piece of crap IIRC. He listed other names the group of sellers go by.

21 - 40 of 9853 Posts
About this Discussion
9.9K Replies
399 Participants
cwmoser
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing