Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is old as a dinosaur but here it is again. hehe

If you remember I used to ask about my mileage problem. My car is a 90 300sel and run around 250 miles a tank. I tried several things and it did not help. Lately I did 2 simple things and my tank came up to 360 mniles.
First thing was pumping air in the tires hoho. Funny huh. I forgot to pump air in my tires. When I check, they were around between 25 to 30 psi. I pump them all up to 32 to 36 psi.
Second thing I replaced was the gas cap. The old one has several tinny cracks on the outter edges. I think this was not really a problem but since I did both at the same time so I list it it here anyway.
man, I never know low air tires can take me that much gas. Around 100 miles per tank.

·
Premium Member
1990 SEC
4,110 Posts
Good tips,

The cap for the gas tank might have let some fuel evaporate, but only if you left your car sitting idle for long periods of time.

Seeing the headline of this topic, I was expecting a picture of a HUGE leaden boot, like those one would use with really old helmet diving equipment.[:D]

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Good man, noting like a cheap fix for a problem – you’ll probably recoup the cost of the gas cap in fuel in a few miles. [:)]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts