Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1990 300SE, 1987 190E 2.3
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my search to keep the factory amps and wiring if found a set of Infinity 6032CF 6 1/2" speakers on Amazon. They are 2 ohm speakers and fit in the factory speaker mounts perfectly. I used some outdoor adhesive to glue them into the mounts and turned the tweeters so they were pointing towards the front center of the car. I'm using a JVC cd deck with the line out amp wired into the line outs and I am quite pleased with the sound. The speakers can be had for $65.00 or so with free shipping if you look around the net.

From the Internet:

Infinity Ref6032cf 6-1/2 2-Way Car Speakers Plus One woofer cones - This patent pending technology deliver a cone with more surface area than competing models of the same size. The result is increased bass output and higher efficiency. True Four Ohms All Reference speakers feature two ohm voice coils. Original factory-installed speaker wiring in many cars is 18-22 gauge. This wire, and heating in the voice coil when power is applied, increase the impedance seen by the amplifier or head unit. The impedance of Reference Speakers has been adjusted to compensate for this increase and can be safely driven by any head unit. Edge-driven textile dome tweeters - These are not commonly used w-domes, but fully-edge-driven domes like those found in better home audio speakers. The benefit is increased power handling and reduced distortion at high output levels. This technology also allows for better integration with the mid/woofer.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts