Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2001 E320. Sold: 1990 300SE, 1982 280CE Euro 5-speed, 1956 190SL; 1971 220, 1970 230
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. Would appreciate any advice concerning air supply to interior of my 1990 300SE that I purchased about six weeks ago. There is an intermittent foul odor that creeps into the cabin and I cannot imagine where it is coming from. As yet I have not determined that this Mercedes has a replaceable cabin filter. So my first question is, does my 1990 300SE have a replaceable cabin filter? If so, that could be the source of the odor. Second, for the first several times I used the air conditioning, on full/high blower, a substantial amount of what appears to be pine needles have blown out through the venting system, in the front and rear sections of the interior. What may be related to all of this is the vehicle had a substantial amount of debris (twigs, leaves and pine needles) that accumulated under the hood in the drain areas above the firewall below the windshield. I used a shop-vac with extension to remove it all. So, I am wondering how the air supply gets into the car and if somewhere in that supply system there are more rotten leaves, a dead rodent or God-knows-what that is fouling the air supply. Any thoughts or ideas for resolution would be greatly appreciated. T H A N K S !!

·
Slightly creased
2015 ML 400 x 2
16,606 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

If you update your profile, others can provide location/model specific answers to your questions.

The search function may reveal answers to your or similar questions.

The 126 does not have a replaceable filter for the ventilation system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts