Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand how the forum is laid out.

I have a 2000 E 320

I have posted questions here and have been told to look in the E class forum.

I see W210 and all kinds of different forums. What is the correlation?

What does AMG mean?

·
Premium Member
17,193 Posts
AMG means: Aufrecht Melcher Großaspach and there are several HOT Mercedes that have AMG engines, wheels, brakes, and suspensions. Aufrecht and Melcher are the last names of the founders (automotive engineers) and Grossaspach is a town near Stuttgart where they are located.

·
Banned
4,583 Posts
Do you live on earth? It's not really that hard to figure out. Even if you don't know the body of your car, you can still look at the sub titles which give you the years of production and then below that are the models. If you really don't have a clue what AMG means, then there is google. I don't know too many people who haven't heard of AMG, even non car buffs, so I find that a little hard to believe.

·
Premium Member
7,273 Posts
Always start the response with "Do you live on earth?". :)

·
W203, W210 Moderator
6,905 Posts
Do your homework. W210 is E-class from 1996 till 200?
Than it become W211.
So your car is W210.
AMG is a company that beef-up Mercedes cars.
I think you need to do your homework right and complete kris...heh..heh

Platform: Mercedes Benz - W210

W210 Production Date: 1995-2002

Body Styles: 4-door Sedan / 5-door station wagon

BW Section related to your 00' W210 E320:
W210 E Class

1995-2002 : E200, E220D, E240, E290TD, E300, E300TD, E200, E240, E280, E320, E420, E430 (Wagon, Touring, 4Matic)

and AMG meaning - MM got it right!

·
Registered
301 Posts
AMG means: Aufrecht Melcher Großaspach and there are several HOT Mercedes that have AMG engines, wheels, brakes, and suspensions. Aufrecht and Melcher are the last names of the founders (automotive engineers) and Grossaspach is a town near Stuttgart where they are located.
:stupid: Even my 82 year old uncle knows AMG is high performance and $$$. I had no idea what it actually stood for. Heck I can't even pronounce the names! :eek: I have LOVED AMG MB's...but yet never bothered to find out what AMG stood for... Thanks for the insight as always Mr. Musikmann :thumbsup:

·
Registered
35,772 Posts
I don't know guys. It isn't the first time for me, when I noticed that for some it is much easier to start a topic on the Internet, than check the manual.
Have to admit, guilty as charged as well.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the answers.

I thought I was doing my homework here. I thought this place was here to help stupid guys like me further their knowledge of Mercedes.
I really didn't know that this is grad school and you need to go to college to qualify to post.

I promise to read the manual cover to cover before asking a question to help me better understand this resource.

You guys are great and I'm pretty dumb so, I will just wither away like dried up sponge cake.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Thanks for all the answers.

I thought I was doing my homework here. I thought this place was here to help stupid guys like me further their knowledge of Mercedes.
I really didn't know that this is grad school and you need to go to college to qualify to post.

I promise to read the manual cover to cover before asking a question to help me better understand this resource.

You guys are great and I'm pretty dumb so, I will just wither away like dried up sponge cake.

Please bear with us. If you own a Mercedes, you are qualified to ask any questions. One that does not would still be allowed to ask questions, sometimes that is needed before one realises he/she should buy one :).

If a question is honest, it never is stupid or wrong or too simple. One who feels so, does not need to bother answering anyway.

Sometimes "read the manual" sounds like a justified reply but one should not get upset about it. Since you are going to read the manual, this would not happen to you anyway. :D Sometimes forum members just have a bad day and you get an unjustified rude comment but that can just be ignored (I am at least using that as an excuse :eek:).

And if you don't keeping posting, I interpret you considering all here being rude :mad: :D

·
Registered
35,772 Posts
Don't know DieselBenz. For me the "You guys are great and I'm pretty dumb so, I will just wither away like dried up sponge cake." sounds like beginning of long-lasting relationship. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts