Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2010 ML550 Palladium Silver, Black MBTex, P1, Lighting pkg, Trailer Hitch.
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2000 ML430, 2000 C280
920 Posts
I think that they meant expected/scheduled service rather than repair. An unexpected repair would be under warranty, and any projection of repair costs would also have to consider the likelihood of a malfunction.

Nevertheless, new brake pads and rotors plus a 'B' service and two 'A' services would put us on top of the list.

DelJ

·
Registered
2000 ML430 SOLD, 2007 BMW 328i Coupe, 2014 BMW i3, 2019 Honda Odyssey
2,982 Posts
Some of those cars haven't been out for five years- what on earth did they use to come up with this list?

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
Some of those cars haven't been out for five years- what on earth did they use to come up with this list?
Wow. I guess Forbes magazine doesn't make anybody's list of top 10 automotive publications.

·
Registered
2000 ML430 SOLD, 2007 BMW 328i Coupe, 2014 BMW i3, 2019 Honda Odyssey
2,982 Posts
Wow. I guess Forbes magazine doesn't make anybody's list of top 10 automotive publications.
You don't go to a seafood restaurant for a good prime rib, nor a steak restaurant for sushi.

·
Registered
ml500 w163 2002
456 Posts
i tend not to believe forbes at all anymore, it's all hype and all their stories appeal to those trying to live the high life but obviously not understanding what truly is the high life. They always inflate the wealthy's net worth, and their properties valuations are always over stated by at least 2-3 times. They put a compilation list of all these cars and make their readers who are like the tabloids of the wealthy believe materialistic nonsense.

·
Registered
2002 ML 500, 1994 Ford Explorer donated to Doctors without Borders
2,126 Posts
You don't go to a seafood restaurant for a good prime rib, nor a steak restaurant for sushi.
Right! A MAN would not order sushi at a Steakhouse. It's like ordering a glass of warm milk at a biker bar.

Sorry... This has nothing to do with anything, but I just couldn't resist!

·
Registered
1922 Ford T no OBD, no ECU, no SCN
37,836 Posts
I agree that the Forbes definition of "repairs" sucks.
Our ML320 over the 10 years period generated $12 annual repair cost.
Now in our ML55 calculating tire replacement cost into repairs would make a big difference, since the sport low profile tires cost $400 A PIECE.

·
Registered
2002 ML 500, 1994 Ford Explorer donated to Doctors without Borders
2,126 Posts
I think tires, pads, rotors, and spark plugs all count as a maintenance cost. You're right that this is an important comparison and should be listed somewhere.

Repair to me means fixing issues that should not have occurred, like the $2k air blend flap, or the $3k sunroof track, or $$$ motor mounts, or $$$ power steering gasket, or ... $$$$$$$$$!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts