Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday I'm dropping off my E 55 at MBS Motors in Atlanta Ga., a Kleemann dealer, to have the bigger pulley installed, ECU work done and Kleemann headers put on. I should have it back by the end of the week. I'll give you my impressions then.

·
Registered
cl65 amg
196 Posts
renntech rules^^ i love renntech i heard bad stuff about kleemann

but i put renntech vs brabus i would pick brabus coz they the bomb but they also cost a huge bomb!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Black Demon, Perhaps you're right. However, when I called the Renntech dealer down in FL. some of the first words out of his mouth were I'd have to wait for three weeks before I could bring him the car and then he'd need it for three weeks to do the work. Three weeks to put on a pulley and do some chip work, which at the time, was all I was interested in is absurd. MBS in Atlanta, where the car now sits, looks like a first class outfit and Donnie Drummonds appears to be passionate and precise about his work. He also said Renntech is good but they are very rigid in their applications and give the installer no latitude during the work. The car is being dynoed before and after. Also, for what it's worth, I put Lorinser LM 5 20X9 front and 20X10 rear wheels and Toyo TS 1 tires on the car before I took it to MBS and they filled the wheel well so beautifully that there is no need to consider any lowering. I'm picking up the car on Thur. and driving it 400 miles home so I'll know a lot more in a few days. I'm told I should expect, conservatively, 560 HP.

cl65blackdemon - 4/12/2005 8:42 AM

but i put renntech vs brabus i would pick brabus coz they the bomb but they also cost a huge bomb!

·
Registered
2003 E55
99 Posts
kleemann or renntech/ renntech is pretty good both take similer but different approches to mod the benzs.
renntech has a hot line directly with AMG so they just do what amg says mostly. I kinda have been leaning Kleemens way lately cause Renntech seems alittle harder to work with, everything is on back order for months(I guess there 2 busy) brabus has ok stuff but they are in newport beach with all the people who have more noney than god to burn so they charge you up the a$$ for everything, so F-'em they can keep screwing there customers I'll burn my $$ somwere else.

I think Kleemann is a great choice!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have Kleemen K2 (Chip, pulley and headers) in my 2005 w211. You will not be disappointed. I am getting 501 at the wheels. See Dyno.

I did my research before the mod. Here are the highlights:

Brabus. 15K for a chip and pulleys. Great company to mcuh money, no headers and not enoguh HP for the money. I did like the red engine cover. However, if you are keeping your hood down read on.

Renntech. Great company, but no headers.

Kleemens. Chip, Pulley, Headers and if you want Camshafts (K3). Everything tuned to work togther backed by a terrific company. My choice.

Attachments

·
Registered
1959 220s Cabriolet
14 Posts
Rev IT Up - 4/30/2005 10:20 PM

I have Kleemen K2 (Chip, pulley and headers) in my 2005 w211. You will not be disappointed. I am getting 501 at the wheels. See Dyno.
Could you tell us what this stuff put you back?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MBS Motors in Atlanta charged me $8700.00. Also read, on page two of this forum, my thread "My Really New Kleeman". The most remarkable thing is the doubling of the torque at the 2500 rpm range. My dyno read out is almost identicle to the one in this thread.

abalto - 5/27/2005 12:06 PM

Rev IT Up - 4/30/2005 10:20 PM

Could you tell us what this stuff put you back?

·
Registered
5 Posts
cl65blackdemon - 4/12/2005 5:42 AM

I have Kleemann Stage 2 and have had it for 9 months without a single issue. I've never heard a single negative thing about Kleemann. My stuff is doing great and I don't know of anyone who is harder on their E55 than I am.

·
Registered
2003 E55
29 Posts
DerekFSU - 5/28/2005 10:22 AM

cl65blackdemon - 4/12/2005 5:42 AM

I have Kleemann Stage 2 and have had it for 9 months without a single issue. I've never heard a single negative thing about Kleemann. My stuff is doing great and I don't know of anyone who is harder on their E55 than I am.
I'LL BACK THAT STATEMENT UP!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts