Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those with Ash leather... do your seats get dirty quick? Do you just clean them often? Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: For those with Ash leather... do your seats get dirty quick? Do you just clean them often?....

Yes, and yes, with zymol and then leather conditioner.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should clean & condition the leather every 4 months...

Do not use a product that claims to clean and condition at the same time. To clean the leather, the oils have to be removed (along with the dirt). A conditioner replenishes the oils. As such, how can a product which claims to clean and condition remove and both replace the oils at the same time. Basically, it can't!! At least not very well.<br> <br> Personally, I've had very good luck with Lexol pH leather cleaner, and the Lexol leather conditioner. You may also want to check out Leatherique, which is apparently also very good (www.leatherique.com).<br> <br> Have fun!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: For those with Ash leather... do your seats get dirty quick? Do you just clean them often?....

i need a pictures of new models of s class mercedes.<br> thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: hmm ok... thanks.

Whoops, i meant lexol, zymol is wax! that wouldn't work to well on my leather!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll give Lexol a try. I've been using Eagle 1 cleaner and conditioner (separate) but the seats ...

don't last clean for too long; and I don't wear jeans that much.<br> <br>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not at all, very durable and I am happy with the colour

I had originally ordered the standard combination of Silver with Black interior. I am glad I went with Orion Blue/Ash.<br> <br> Regards,<br> Orion

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My wife's red CLK320 with ash interior looks great!

Hello,<br> <br> My wife's CLK's ash leather is quite easy to maintain. We bought the car in 1998 and it looks just as new. We do condition the leather and detail the car at least twice a year. The laborous part is to clean the ash fabric. Since the car sits low, I tend to kick the door and other panel soccasionally and the cleaner we use is Gonzo. I am disappointed to see the ash color is not available with red CLK55.<br> <br> John J

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: You should clean & condition the leather every 4 months...

Does anyone have experience with Imperial Leather cleaner and conditioner. I would appreciate any information on these products.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts