Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had gone with a 3 out of 4 piece set of tri-y's for a couple years now, these were off the ECE motor that is now on cascade's car.

Found this source some time ago, but they did not stock tri-Y's until recently, so I grabbed my cyl 7-8 piece for a price I felt was reasonable from DE including VAT and shipping ($260). Tri-y sets are just worthless when incomplete... :eek:

If any of you need individual pieces to complete your set...these are NOT easily found pieced out but usually sold in sets.

Now for the next TY set overdue for the 500.

Exhaust manifold: Exhaust manfold W116 - Exhaust manifold W126 - Exha

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Great pick-up, David. Nice to snag that one last elusive piece, no doubt. Thanks for the link as well. From their site, a complete set of 4 pieces, before shipping and VAT, in US$ is about $1,100 (with shipping and VAT around $1,400). Would then need the downpipes or have them fabricated by a custom exhaust shop.

Al

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Glad you found the piece you needed. I found a new piece that you needed at MB in Germany and the price on new pieces are comparable to what you paid.

Having a Vin that Tri-y's and down pipes came on is right handy.
The price that was offered up on the last set to appear here on the forum. I can source the whole set new for nearly the same price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts