Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1985 500sel and 500sec 2012 E63 1989 Porsche 911
5,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do your c230 ss and c320 sports sedans, come with all season tires or the directional sport tires. My car is coming to california but in july im moving to chiccago . From what ive been told, the car has just been produced. and will be shipped soon ( they say it takes 6 weeks to ship[:0]) anyways should i see if i can get all season tires put on now,
thanks

·
Registered
ML320/C320 Sprt
4,649 Posts
AFAIK all SS came with directional tire and for the 03 and newer it also came with staggered rim, so I would suggest to invest a set of snow tires and rims then when the summer comes you will have a nice set of low profile tires. just my.02 enjoy[:)]

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
I agree with JimB. The tires that come on the car will be useless in ice and snow and cold weather can actually damage them, but not enough to notice in ordinary street use.

Buy a set of cheap 17x7.5 alloy wheels and winter tires. Most Chicagoans don't consider all-season to be good enough.

·
Registered
2005 C230 K Sedan
9 Posts
I agree with the other posters. Tirerack.com has some nice winter wheel/tire combo deals right now. My '05 came with Michelin Pilot Primacy summer touring tires. They have really good dry/wet traction but would be useless in snow. Also, Nokian makes some excellent snow tires that have been recommended by the Mercedes-Benz Club of America.

Good luck!

·
Registered
03 c230 k
92 Posts
I lived in chicago for a year or so doing some work. Had a nice rental car and never used it lol. If you live in the city you'll barelly drive unless leaving town. Just don't leave in snow storm lol. I live in NJ and my car came with high performance summer tires which dont get much of a bite in the snow to get initial momentum but after getting going car is fine in the snow. In your first snow do what i did, take the car out and figure out how to drive in it by playing around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts