Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
UNIMOG, Gelaendewagen
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For anyone not on P3, I have made a couple of these military inspired mounts for my G. While I was at it,I decided to make a few more for others who might be interested ina cheaper version than the OEM mounts.

If anyone is interested, drop me a PM. The price is $125 for the front and $90 for the rear, plus shipping of your choice. Both mounts come with the necessary magnets and paint protection film. The rear mount comes with a weather tight cable chase (will require drilling a 1/2" hole). The front mount requires NO drilling. Both mounts use a combination of rare earth magnets and one mechanical fastener (the front uses a fender bolt under the hood, and the rear uses the cable chase) to secure them.

I have limited stock on hand, so once their gone, their gone.

Front mounts for 463 or 460 (left side)
-plain jane version
-star and louver version

Front mount for 460 (right side)
-plain jane version

Rear mounts to fit any model
-plain jane version
-star and louver version

Attachments

·
Registered
UNIMOG, Gelaendewagen
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry but no. These are too labor intensive for me to deal with for now. The star version, I think looks very sharp on the the rear though ;-)

I do still have the plain Jane front mounts, both driver side 460 & 463, and passenger side, 460 only.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Please hold 1 rear star mount for me for 1 week. I may be closing the deal on my G in the next few days, and if so this will be the first thing I will get as I am a ham radio operator (KB3VJN). Also, the G I am getting is a 1979 Austrian police edition that has holes from where the police antenna was mounted. Do you know if I these holes will line up. If looking at the rear of the car, the holes are about 3/4 the way up on the right hand side.

·
Registered
UNIMOG, Gelaendewagen
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If everyone who says they want one actually pays up, I have one star and louvre rear left. Otherwise, I still have some stock left of the front mounts. I didn't model the holes based on anything, so I doubt they will line up. That being said, I don't see why you couldn't make it work though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For anyone not on P3, I have made a couple of these military inspired mounts for my G. While I was at it,I decided to make a few more for others who might be interested ina cheaper version than the OEM mounts.

If anyone is interested, drop me a PM. The price is $125 for the front and $90 for the rear, plus shipping of your choice. Both mounts come with the necessary magnets and paint protection film. The rear mount comes with a weather tight cable chase (will require drilling a 1/2" hole). The front mount requires NO drilling. Both mounts use a combination of rare earth magnets and one mechanical fastener (the front uses a fender bolt under the hood, and the rear uses the cable chase) to secure them.

I have limited stock on hand, so once their gone, their gone.

Front mounts for 463 or 460 (left side)
-plain jane version
-star and louver version

Front mount for 460 (right side)
-plain jane version

Rear mounts to fit any model
-plain jane version
-star and louver version
I would like to buy one of your G500 antenna mounts. The rear type, star version is ok. Please let me know how to do it.

Thanks, Jim Butch, wb8cdx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts