Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
BenzWorld UNIMOG statesman
Unimog 404.1 Diesel (sold :( )1995 LMTV 1078
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a faily good deal on a 300sd 1985 w 617 turb. So I am selling my 1983 300d turb. First order of business. I have some new parts for the 300D. Brake parts. Can I use them on an 85SD? (all 4 rotors and, brake pads) The D has a good passenger seat bottom. Can it be swapped for the driver seat bottom in the SD? What else? should I consider swapping out of the D.

Ok.. selling the project D. $600 OBO and its yours.

-Bad stuff, She needs new/rebuilt injector(s). nails pretty bad right now as it is. It will nail less with the other injector I have put back in it. I removed cleaned and replaced all injectors and then swapped one out cause it leaked fuel at the base but that could be return hose, or heat sheild (sheilds are not new). Will Naile less with the injector that came in it reinstalled. Confused? I dissasembled and cleaned them all myself w/ chem clean soak. After this cleaning she ended up running with tiny tiny bit of nailing but the one injector leaked as noted above thus the injector swap. But the swap to that other injector made it nail again. (used not rebuilt injector, could be different pop presure or nozzle though) Hurricans, winter, new job etc. came about and have not had time to replace all heat sheilds and swap injector back in. Has a bit of vacuum issues. (vents, doors and tranny issues resulting) Typical AC problems. AKA no Ac. Grinding noise from rear driver side. Assume its wheel bearing. Bump Dent in driver front fender, Needs front head/fog light surrounds and one amber front light. Needs driver door interior door handle.

-Good stuff, Tiny tiny tiny amount of rust. (I live in FL.) Honestly I mean TINY like where tiny bit of paint was scraped away. No rust bubbles. Dash cap that looks AWSOME (blue). New Shocks. New front wheel bearings. Did them first then discovered the grind was a back wheel bearing. Driver side dent should pop out and not need much massaging to look great. Paint is fairly good actually. Interior fairly good looking too. The guy I purchased it from bought her in an auction w/plans to sell it. He then decided to put put around town in it for a few months then it threw a rod- he assumed! Sounded to me like it was nailing. He was not a diesel guy so I got it 500 dollars. My working with the injectors shows most the problems is indeed injectors, so she is definately worth 600 probably more especially since I checked chain stretch which looks to be minimal.

·
Registered
2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
2,533 Posts
im a bit confused, are you parting or selling whole?

either/or, how much for the car?

·
BenzWorld UNIMOG statesman
Unimog 404.1 Diesel (sold :( )1995 LMTV 1078
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
iNeon - 4/11/2005 12:52 AM

im a bit confused, are you parting or selling whole?
either/or, how much for the car?
Im buying an 85SD if all goes as plan. Thusly selling 83D in condition described above. 600OBO for the 83D

Have a few new parts for a 83D that Im hoping will go on the SD. If not they go with the 300D and price goes up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts