Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 AMG E63 135,000 Miles
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've owned this car since it came off of lease in 2012. It was a Florida car serviced at the Tampa dealer, years ago I took a one way ticket to central Florida to pick it up. It now has 135,XXX miles. This has been my baby for the past 8 years. Major things that I've done to this car over the years, outside of tires, oil changes, etc. :

2020 - At January Oil Change - new Radiator, Water Pump, Expansion Tank, Coolant hose, and Coolant Flush
2019 - Seal on oil drain plan, NGK Plugs, and a few coil packs that my mechanic said needed replaced
2019 - Brake Job - GiroDisc Cryogenic Treated Front Rotor Rings, Porterfield RS Pads all around
2018 - Kenzo Ceramic Coat (lifetime coating) and coat on wheels(wheels were also repainted to OEM standards by the local shop that does work for Saban's MB Dealership) and interior Aluminum trim.
2018 - Professionally installed Engine Motor Mounts
2017 - All 4 Corners of the Arnot Air Suspension Replaced
2015 - Brake Job - GiroDisc Cryogenic Treated Front Rotors and Aluminum Hats and Rear Rotors and Portorfield RS Pads all around
2014 - Variable Cam replaced by Dealer - This was a $3,000 repair!
2013 - AMG Hood badge and Laminix Headlight and Fog Light Clear Coverings
2012 - Purchased (front grille was already replaced and Kleemans chip(for MPG) was already flashed into the ECU)

Car is currently sitting on Michelin Pilot 4S Summer Tires with a lot of life left on them

**There is a lot of online chatter about Head Bolts. My Mercedes Mechanic has never indicated they need replaced. I would be happy to subject the car to a multi point inspection by a mechanic of your choice in my area.
**A German car has things that go wrong - No warranties implied. It is likely over the ownership that items will break/malfunction above and beyond what is already listed above. All Sales Final, you are buying a used German car, know what you are doing.

$13,000. Vehicle located in Mountain Brook. I have more pictures I can text if needed.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks @jlexvold! Yea I like to take care of my stuff as best I can. Car gets a lot of looks and comments wherever I go (gas stations, etc) and I just chuckle because its not like its the new 150k E63.

·
Registered
2008 E350 4Matic Sport
99 Posts
Thanks @jlexvold! Yea I like to take care of my stuff as best I can. Car gets a lot of looks and comments wherever I go (gas stations, etc) and I just chuckle because its not like its the new 150k E63.
1. It's a Mercedes. 2. It's an AMG. 3. w211 is a fairly timeless body style it seems. It'll get compliments until it's off the road entirely. Haha.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear ya @jlexvold that is why I've been able to keep the car so long. The paint was professionally bared and buffed out and then immediately ceramic coated, along with the wheels - just makes it sparkle. When you run your fingers across the paint its silky smooth. Bugs (and rain) just fall off the front of the car and no more brake dust on the wheels! I agree @sms560, I cannot stand the current look of the E63. I sat in one recently. Funny thing - The rear seats and the trunk look IDENTICAL to the inside of the W211, even the auto close button, I bet Merc saves a ton of money on just using the proven design.

·
Registered
2008 E350 4Matic Sport
99 Posts
I hear ya @jlexvold that is why I've been able to keep the car so long. The paint was professionally bared and buffed out and then immediately ceramic coated, along with the wheels - just makes it sparkle. When you run your fingers across the paint its silky smooth. Bugs (and rain) just fall off the front of the car and no more brake dust on the wheels! I agree @sms560, I cannot stand the current look of the E63. I sat in one recently. Funny thing - The rear seats and the trunk look IDENTICAL to the inside of the W211, even the auto close button, I bet Merc saves a ton of money on just using the proven design.
Curious, but when did you have it corrected/coated? How much did it run you roughly?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
@jlexvold 2018. It’s always been garaged so technically I coulda just had the guy do a high end wax that lasts 3 year or so like they do on exotics. He says Mercedes paint is hard and thick (unlike Porsche and BMW. He said never buy a black one of those as the paint can’t be corrected and is super thin.) What I had done with the paint and wheels was $1,200. When my car sits by another car it is obvious the depth you see in the paint. I’d recommend it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts