Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1991 300GD LWB that was left to me from my stepfather when he passed away May 2009. He imported it from Germany himself on April 4 2007. Have all documentation regarding importing,certification,emission test and every type of documentation that was needed to put on the road in Ontario Canada. I think it has all options (except air conditioning) that was available for that year, including front power windows,heated seats, brand new michilines(sp), everything works but not sure about the Webasto. It had 149,809 Km when it arrived in canada and now has aprox. 174,000 now. The engine was rebuilt by him in fall of 2008, as he was a master diesel engine builder from Germany and had a diesel business. unfortunatly he did not drive it much until he was diagnosed with Cancer, it was the vehicle he always wanted in his life. And therfore I am not going to give it away. He paid $29,527.30 CND. for the vehicle alone, after all taxes and shipping,importing fees,canadian certification etc. the total was $39,328.25. It is a 3.0 ltr diesel, 5 speed manual,all original including paint. the previous owner was a man in his 70,s that used it to go to his cottage in Germany. I Have photos but I will have to figure out how to get them on the web site, give me some time. Asking $25,000 FIRM (based on prices I have seen I know it is alot but I do not need to sell as it has been alot of fun to drive as I take it out for monthly drives to keep things moving and looks fantastic in my garage) the whole vehicle is in fantastic shape top to bottom. You can call my Cell phone # 416-712-9674 for any and all information. regards Alan

·
Registered
300 TDT wagon 1984 (2 *), 1983 300TD sedan, 300GB swb convertible(83 - 85)
5 Posts
1991 300gd

Alan,

For my research to find out if I can import your car into the us, could you give me the vin nr. . Thanks a lot in advance

Jaap

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Canadian and U.S DOT and safty standards are amolst identical from what I have read and the vehicle has passed all Candian standards and has full Canadian status, ownership papers are Canadian and has gone through all tests regarding saftey restraints, lighting, rims and tires,emissions and so on. But that still does not mean it will be permitted into the U.S. I will have to look into it, as my dad is an American living in Florida and I also have an American address, I dont know if that would help me or not, to get it into the U.S.. From what I have read on the NHTSA web site it falls under a catagory VCP 5 which from my understanding means it has to be brought in by a registered importer. I tried to call the NHSTA but they are closed for a national Holiday today.

·
Registered
brabus G36
500 Posts
Canadian and U.S DOT and safty standards are amolst identical from what I have read and the vehicle has passed all Candian standards and has full Canadian status, ownership papers are Canadian and has gone through all tests regarding saftey restraints, lighting, rims and tires,emissions and so on. But that still does not mean it will be permitted into the U.S. I will have to look into it,.

I agree with you, you are right, but that is only for new vehicles

as my dad is an American living in Florida and I also have an American address, I dont know if that would help me or not, to get it into the U.S.. .

That sounds to easy but it will not work. It is the car registration that count not the owner citizenship.

From what I have read on the NHTSA web site it falls under a catagory VCP 5 which from my understanding means it has to be brought in by a registered importer. I tried to call the NHSTA but they are closed for a national Holiday today.
There is lot of information on this forum regarding this. Do a search you will find a lot of info

·
Registered
brabus G36
500 Posts
There could be some interest from canadians. I had a 1991 300ge 3.6l and most of the people who contacted me asked me if it was a diesel. Yours is. Still 25,000 is a little bit high I think.
Now canadians can import a 350gd from Europe. At the end it will cost them around 25,000 (purchase, transport and taxes) but they will have more hp.
If it is not sold in the coming 2 years you will see G300td (starting 1997) with a lot more hp.

I sold my 1991 G for a low price. Lower then certain 460. Why people buy a 1991 G if they can buy for almost for the same price a G500. I saw once a G500 for sale in Canada for 19,000 cad$.

Have a nice day.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On page 16 of the NHTSA web site 1990-1992 G-Wagons VCP 5. Also if you read the prices that are in the original post you can see it was close to $10,000 just to get it to Canada and on the road, then add the cost of the vehicle to that. Only the taxes may be less or more based on the price of the vehicle being imported. Once i go through my paper work I will break the costs down more for everyone that is intrested.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here is the breakdown of costs: sea freight charges $3,535.97 : wire transfers $80.00:
duties, taxes, brokerage $1897.50 : canada customs exam $810.00 : Towing from rail yard, Emission and safety tests $308.45 : Federated customs 552.50 : ministry of tranportaion $2609.53 : mailing costs $6.99 for a total of $9800.94 Cnd.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Your price is very expensive.
I'm Franco-Canadian, and I live in Quebec. So, in France I have a 1992 300GD.
I'm importing here my G. So , for your information : Transportation from Marseille South of France to Montreal : 3000US$.
Today the price of 1991 300GD is max : 10 000$. (7000 €), but you can find it for less in good shape.
So : 3000 + 10000 + taxes = 15 000CAD$ max.

At this price, for me, you have your G for a long time. At this price I buy a G500 or a G350 TD. This is my opinion.

My G, is my 3rd G. I drive G from 1999.
Best regards

Xavier

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Yes it is still for sale, waiting for a resonable offer,also i have about 27 photos if you need to see more, plus spare parts such as rotors/pads, turbo head including exhaust / intake and turbo.

·
Registered
1998 SL500 and 2002 G500
6 Posts
In your last post you mentioned plus spare parts such as rotors/pads, turbo head including exhaust / intake and turbo. Does this g-wagon presently have a turbo motor presently installed or are these just spare parts? Also please send any additional pictures you have.
[email protected]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts