Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale is a 1979 Mercedes Benz 300D in Fair Condition; Needs Work, $950.00 OBO, Greensboro North Carolina. Call 336-375-1747 or email: [email protected].

**Times available to see or buy the Mercedes: Tues-Sat 10am-1pm Eastern; Sun & Mon 10am-8pm Eastern**

Features:

5 cylinder diesel, cream exterior/tan interior (both interior & exterior in nice condition), 199000 miles, power windows, power sunroof, cold A/C (converted to R134A), new radiator, new Interstate battery, new Bosch glow plugs, regular oil changes, tires OK, Pioneer radio w/CD player, title, never salvaged, some paperwork since 1981.

Primary work needed:

This car does NEED WORK & TLC or it can be use for parts. Was told by MB mechanic it needs a vacuum pump, front passenger guide rod bushing & control arm, heater servo (if you plan for winter driving if not, no need to fix) and possibly an ignition tumbler.

It has a few other small quirks as every car does but nothing that necessarily needs replacing. Last driven the week of April 4th until the vacuum pump went out. Currently, it's not turning over, as I believe I need to charge the battery because I'm getting no power. Will update on that.

Nevertheless, I'm ready to part with it. Thanks for looking!

Ms. Evans

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Updated pics as of 4/29/05. Also, the car is running again, the battery was drained - wanted to update as promised. Car is ready to move.

More pics available upon request at: [email protected]

Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts