Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a white s55 amg, 2001 Salvage title =/ but in almost perfect condition, nothing wrong with it , i just picked it up been driving it for about 1 month,
but i have my eyes on a BMW so i wanna sell this and get that,
it has 82k miles on it no warning lights or anything, drives nice,fast, and is really beautiful
Also in the pictures on the right rear side it shows a lil scratch on the car, which is no longer there these are just pics of the car right when i got it, so there are NO SCRATCHES OR ANYTHING
in the pictures it shows that one side the rims are black and the other is another color, but i fixed that and it is all Black now, i also have chrome 18" amg rims the 5 point ones i can throw in if u prefer those , ASKING PRICE IS $19,000

Post if your interested im in the Los Angeles area btw, so if you want to call me and meet up message me and i will give you my phone number

Attachments

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Im also sorry to say that you will be hard pressed to get $19 for a 7 (almost 8) year old, non-supercharged salvage s-class with over 80k miles.

Id look for about $12k or so.

sorry to rain on the parade.

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it has a salvage title because it was crashed, and rebuilt.... thats just the title of the car, but its running perfectly now

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as for the creakign sound, liek i said in the post it wasnt driven for almost a year so i jsut oiled it up and changed the oil in the ABC its running perfect now... LIKE i said in the post , perfect means nothings wrong with it, and good luck finding a s55 with 12k, you wont even buy the car HIT from the auction at 12k ,

·
Registered
200 Posts
"you wont even buy the car HIT from the auction at 12k"

My brother-in-law in FL is a dealer, he just bought (two weeks ago) at the auction (manheim to be exact) a 01 s55 with 76K miles for $13,200. so YES they are out there oh btw the title is clean.:thumbsup:

did you fix it or did you buy it fixed? I am assuming you purchased it with the salvage title already?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"you wont even buy the car HIT from the auction at 12k"

My brother-in-law in FL is a dealer, he just bought (two weeks ago) at the auction (manheim to be exact) a 01 s55 with 76K miles for $13,200. so YES they are out there oh btw the title is clean.:thumbsup:

did you fix it or did you buy it fixed? I am assuming you purchased it with the salvage title already?
lol... Clean title for 13k? sorry but im not gonna believe that, and ya i bought it salvage and fixed it from the auction

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
This will drag on forever... A junk title is a junk title.. 19k is much to close to a "good" title sale to even look at.

Unless you find a desperate fool who just got out of a coma yesterday, it's still
not a 19K car.

A good 2001 S 55 With a clean title is barely pulling 19K on the street.

this car is still a 10K car. But there's no need to dispute that here, I'm not interested in it even at 10K because it has a scrap Title.With no disclosed history as to why.

Is this your first Salvage Title resale? if it isn't then you know what a buyer will be up against trying to get a Salvage Titled car registered in a different state.. IF you don't well... I'm not going to spoil the surprise..

The moral of the story will be that Salvage cars are not for resale.. you get them and you keep them until they make yard ornaments. You don't buy them fix them and try to resale them.

This is a 10k car. IF you're lucky. Stop trying to push this off on someone as if it's a bargain. I told you before that no one is "uninformed" on this site.

In order for an insurance company to salvage ( total ) that car, it would have to to have sustained 18 to 20K in damages minimum If it was salvaged this month which I doubt.Since it has such low mileage, my guess is that it happened a while ago when the car was still worth something so that figured could easily have been doubled. Who wants a car that has had that much damage? and why??

Sh*t I get curb rash and I am ready to unload my vehicles..LOL

Anyway.. best of luck to you.

·
Registered
200 Posts
This will drag on forever... A junk title is a junk title.. 19k is much to close to a "good" title sale to even look at.

Unless you find a desperate fool who just got out of a coma yesterday, it's still
not a 19K car.

this car is still a 10K car. But there's no need to dispute that here, I'm not interested in it even at 10K because it has a scrap Title.With no disclosed history as to why.

Is this your first Salvage Title resale? if it isn't then you know what a buyer will be up against trying to get a Salvage Titled car registered in a different state.. IF you don't well... I'm not going to spoil the surprise..

The moral of the story will be that Salvage cars are not for resale.. you get them and you keep them until they make yard ornaments. You don't buy them fix them and try to resale them.

This is a 10k car. IF you're lucky. Stop trying to push this off on someone as if it's a bargain. I told you before that no one is "uninformed" on this site.

In order for an insurance company to salvage ( total ) that car, it would have to to have sustained 18 to 20K in damages minimum If it was salvaged this month which I doubt.Since it has such low mileage, my guess is that it happened a while ago when the car was still worth something so that figured could easily have been doubled. Who wants a car that has had that much damage? and why??

All I can say is you hit the nail on the head!:bash:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you are responding to this thread like im trying to sell the car to you and you only, if you dont want it then thats ok, im not trying to say anyone is "uninformed" here, but thanks for your responses, as for its a 10k car your still wrong, its way more than that...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"The moral of the story will be that Salvage cars are not for resale.. you get them and you keep them until they make yard ornaments. You don't buy them fix them and try to resale them."

wrong btw

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
lol, lets see if I have this right.

You paid too much for the car, you spent way too much fixing it, and now you think it has value like a non salvage vehicle.

Emunds gives us a value of $21,100 in terms of private party sale.

Salvage Title says salvage gives you a 20-50% cut of a comparable clean title. Picking a number in between of 35% (which imho is low), you are now looking at about $14k.

Considering the recession we are in, you are looking at 10 to 12 thousand.

sorry man, we all hate it when our cars fall in value, but you picked the absolute wrong car to flip.

·
Registered
60 Posts

not a 19K car.

I'm a dealer in Florida and these cars are a little more pricier than say the S500. I know that 19k is a long shot. Also, salvage titles aren't that bad depending on the extent of the reason. If its a theft recovery then I'd jump on that all day long. But a wrecked car needs a little more research. even flood is better than totaled. To the poster stick that thing online and hope for the best. Someone could buy a 2004 s500 for that price in Cali. I'm sorry to rain on your parade as well. Good luck...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Actual Auction results for this car

It's always funny to me when people buy these cars and have ideas of what the car is worth vs the reality of what it is worth. I think it's the sticker price must have something to do with what folks think they are worth since this was a $100k car new it "must" be worth more right :) Here is the ACTUAL results on clean titled S55's selling in the last few months on Manheim. No reason to argue with people who just don't want to believe.

So while these have a few more miles on them they at least have a good title. So this would back up some of the earlier points that in this economy you will be lucky to get a fool to pay $12,000 for the car but actual value is somewhere closer to $10,000 or even less.

Here are the facts:
11/26/08 SWFL Regular $9,800 116,361 Avg SLVR 8G A Yes
11/25/08 MANHEIM Regular $11,700 110,506 Avg BLACK 8G Yes
11/19/08 MILWAUKE Lease $10,000 110,505 Avg BLACK 8G A Yes
09/24/08 SAN DIEG Lease $9,250 96,895 Avg BLACK 8G A No

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's always funny to me when people buy these cars and have ideas of what the car is worth vs the reality of what it is worth. I think it's the sticker price must have something to do with what folks think they are worth since this was a $100k car new it "must" be worth more right :) Here is the ACTUAL results on clean titled S55's selling in the last few months on Manheim. No reason to argue with people who just don't want to believe.

So while these have a few more miles on them they at least have a good title. So this would back up some of the earlier points that in this economy you will be lucky to get a fool to pay $12,000 for the car but actual value is somewhere closer to $10,000 or even less.

Here are the facts:
11/26/08 SWFL Regular $9,800 116,361 Avg SLVR 8G A Yes
11/25/08 MANHEIM Regular $11,700 110,506 Avg BLACK 8G Yes
11/19/08 MILWAUKE Lease $10,000 110,505 Avg BLACK 8G A Yes
09/24/08 SAN DIEG Lease $9,250 96,895 Avg BLACK 8G A No
These numbers are right on you must be a dealer. As we know a car is only worth what someone will pay for it. And if you're a dealer you know our motto "There's an a$$ for every seat" This guy might find someone willing to buy the car timing is everything though 19k is a stretch he may get 12-13k from someone.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
idk about the facts in other areas, but in my local are and surround areas, these cars are high in demand, i even got an offer for 16 already from someone in the local area, im just going with whats good around my area, because this car can be worth more to some people than jsut the "average" price f it around the u.s ,

im 100% ill get over 15k EASY if i just spread the word in my area, but thought i would give this site a try to see how it goes here,

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.