Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Luke- Iwas hoping you could comment on the following for my as I am losing confidence.<br> <br> I have a new ML500 with 275/55R17s 9' rims I believe with Continental 4x4 tires.<br> <br> Upon driving it home from the dealer the first night I notice shimmy. I took it back for a balancing and they improved it to about 80% correct/resolved.<br> <br> 800 miles later (last Friday), I took it back to be balanced again. When putting the wheels onto the balancer, non of them were balanced, they were shocked and angry at the tech who previously worked on my car and suspected that they simply rotated the tires. So, the proceeded to balance.<br> <br> 100 miles later, I still am not happy from 2nd balance even though it is about 90% resolved.<br> <br> So, today with exactly 1000 total miles, I drove 30miles to another MB dealer that had the Hunter GSP9700 balancer. <br> <br> They claim that all 4 tires were balanced, but 1 tire was out of round.<br> Readings on roundness were 4,5,5 pounds for the 3 good tires, and 52lbs for the bad tire which had been the front tire.<br> <br> They put the bad tire on the Right rear and have ordered me a new tire.<br> <br> On the 40 mile ride home, there was much more seat of the pants shimmy, but still some minor steering wheel shimmy.<br> <br> Luke- could you please comment on the 5pound reading and the 52pound reading? What is a great reading from this Hunter machine?<br> Also, would you expect a rear tire with 52pound out-of roundness to still cause minor steering wheel shimmy still?<br> <br> TIA<br> guy<br> PS - keep up the great forum!<br> <br> <br>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts