Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Those with the multimedia package can use the card reader; but if you don't have that, you're stuck at the moment. I tried using a program on my laptop to push the contacts over, but couldn't get the two talking. There's a rumor that the 2.0 software due next month for the iPhone will include push support, but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Registered
2008 Steel Grey C300 Sport 6MT
55 Posts
I don't think you can manually enter them in the system. I borrowed a friends phone who had bluetooth vcard capabilities and entered my 10 most used phone numbers into my car. I don't have MM package.

Works great though!

·
Registered
Merc C300 Sport, P1, upgraded vageen magnet
65 Posts
yeah you need the wheelie dealie mouse thing on the MM to enter all the info......that sucks even more.... IDK what to say then.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if i borrow a friends phone and connect theirs, will it automatically enter all their contacts as well? Or can i manually choose which contacts I would want in my car?

·
Registered
55 Posts
When I borrowed my friends phone I was able to go into his phonebook and manually select every entry I wanted added. I believe you can add the whole phonebook or you can just send one at a time, which I did. It varies by phone I'm sure, but I would assume you could just send one entry at a time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just get a PCMCIA SD Card reader.. You can put your contacts on there and upload to the card.. use the vcard option.
takes about .12 seconds to upload.

·
Registered
2014 E350 4Matic Sport
4 Posts
My iPhone works perfectly with my C300 4Matic with the P1 and Multimedia package. It was easy to transfer the entire address book from the iMac to the C300 by exporting the address from the Apple address book in vcard format and putting them on a pcmcia memory card. The vcards, about 142 of them, were imported in about 2 seconds. I am not aware of any way to import the iPhone's address book directly from the iPhone to the C300.

The iPhone integration works perfectly with signal strength bars being displayed on the multimedia display, the name of the iPhone displayed and when I enter the car with the apple bluetooth headset on I hear a single low beep as the interface is automatically transferred from the BT headset to the car. When I leave the car BT connectivity is automatically transferred back to the Apple BT headset.

When my wife uses the car it automatically connects with her Motorola RAZR and uses the same address book that was imported from the iMac via the pcmcia memory card.

It would be difficult to imagine it working any more smoothly.

·
Registered
55 Posts
my iphone works perfect as well with my c300 i dont have MM package....connects when i get in car automatically everytime, no echo issues, and works great with phonebook i added borrowing a friends phone with vcard export functionality

·
Registered
2008 C230 6 speed, white, AMG Sport package
17 Posts
The 2.0 version that will come out in June will have the pushcontacts feature.

My iPhone took a couple of minutes to pair with the C230 but since there is no option to manually enter the names/numbers I had to wait until people called me to store up previously received/dialed numbers.

I tried using my back up phone - the Motorola sliver but it would not pair with the car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts