Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a general response to all the threads I have been reading about wary buyers who read problems about this amazing vehicle on this site :

I have a 2006 CLS500 that I bought certified preowned from Mercedes Benz.

I bought the car with 27k miles about 8 monthes ago, and I now have 42k miles.

I have had ABSOLUTELY NO problems with this car, except for the fact that I cant drive it as much as I would like to. It is the best car I have ever owned in my life, and I always get double takes on the road.

The only issue I had with the car was when a metal part I had in the trunk fell in the back of the battery box and shorted the system, admittedly a serious design flaw, but I am singular to this experience, and have not heard of any other similar experiences, before or after.

It is an absolute pleasure to drive, handles fantastic, and outperformed any expectations I had in inclement weather. It went up a 45 degree hill with 6 inches of wet snow on the ground on the 1st try.

I am 6'1, 165 lbs and have never been more comfortable in the front seat. Or the back. :p

I know you come to these forums looking for issues with your potential purchase, and while there very well may be some with other owners, I could not have been happier with mine.

I hope this success story leads you to purchase, in my opinion, the best value for your dollar on the road. It is a thrill every time I get in and drive.

BUY A CLS!!

·
Registered
2005 S500 Lorinser, 2007 CLS63 AMG, 2008 Audi R8
25 Posts
Total Agreement!

My '07 CLS 63 AMG Renntech is my absolute favorite - I think it outshines my '08 Audi R8 which is VERY sexy - I think I get more stares in the R8 - but, there is an indescribable "something" that cannot be explained about the CLS - it gets under your skin, itches, and you simply cannot scratch it - it looks like it is killing people when parked - very lethal.

·
Registered
2006 CLS500, 21" Interad Turismo Wheels, Renntech lowering module
181 Posts
+1

Have had my 06 500 for 2 months now, and yes, best car I've ever owned. The car is amazing in every way, cant find a single flaw about this car, fits me like a glove, I'm 6'3 210lbs, I have just as much leg room as my pick-up truck. Heck some things could go wrong at some point, but don'th think so, the car feels that good.

Great post by the way, most of the time you only hear about the problems because people are pissed or are trying to get answers on whats going with their ride. But the reality is, no matter what car you buy, there's always going to be that one that's just loaded with problems, luck of the draw I guess. Otherwise the majority is flawless.

And the looks.......can't get enough of it. Here's a story for you. I'm from Toronto and was pulling into the lot near the BMO stadium for a TFC game (Toronto Football Club, MLS). I was in my work clothes and suited up still so I had a bag with me to change my clothes. So I'm about to get out of my car when a bunch of fans ran up to the car asking for autographs. I was like guys, I'm here to see the game not play. They said they saw the car and thought I was one of the players!! LOL!!!

·
Registered
2006 CLS500 - Iridium Silver w/ AMG Sportline
232 Posts
I've had mind for three weeks (CPO). Before I left the dealership, the nav crapped out, but they fixed it in less than 2 hours. Just this week, the wiring for the SRS failed putting the car in the shop for a day and half. When there, they also found steering problem I didn't notice and fixed it.

I knew going in this car would be in the shop a few times a year for something. That's why I went CPO and bought the extended warranty. I absolutely love this car, but I don't want to own it outside of warranty...

·
Registered
06' CLS500 w/AMG Sport Package
85 Posts
I have an 06, and the only problem I have is that I have 5 in my family. Guess that means the wifey stays home. LOL (I love my car, and my wife too.)

·
Registered
CLS500,07 Cayman S,04 Ford Ranger Edge
46 Posts
I agree, but...

This is a general response to all the threads I have been reading about wary buyers who read problems about this amazing vehicle on this site :

I have a 2006 CLS500 that I bought certified preowned from Mercedes Benz.

I bought the car with 27k miles about 8 monthes ago, and I now have 42k miles.

I have had ABSOLUTELY NO problems with this car, except for the fact that I cant drive it as much as I would like to. It is the best car I have ever owned in my life, and I always get double takes on the road.

The only issue I had with the car was when a metal part I had in the trunk fell in the back of the battery box and shorted the system, admittedly a serious design flaw, but I am singular to this experience, and have not heard of any other similar experiences, before or after.

It is an absolute pleasure to drive, handles fantastic, and outperformed any expectations I had in inclement weather. It went up a 45 degree hill with 6 inches of wet snow on the ground on the 1st try.

I am 6'1, 165 lbs and have never been more comfortable in the front seat. Or the back. :p

I know you come to these forums looking for issues with your potential purchase, and while there very well may be some with other owners, I could not have been happier with mine.

I hope this success story leads you to purchase, in my opinion, the best value for your dollar on the road. It is a thrill every time I get in and drive.

BUY A CLS!!
I've had mine far longer than you without a problem. Still, it's a car, a mechanical/electronic device and it's not perfect. I've owned more than one starting with a new '92 400SE, a 230SLK, ML430, 2 CLKs (320 & 430) and a G500. The only problems ever experienced that were annoying happened with the CLK 430 that has problems with the window motors, all under warranty. I think they are, by and large, superior automobiles and at the forefront of technology and safety if not performance. That said, I do have an electronic issue which I posted under CLS '06 Multiple Messages without any response as yet. For you to dismiss all such inquiries doesn't do those of us with issues any good. U, too, love the car. Everyone still thinks it is new despite the fact that it's 5 years old now. The CLS is responsible for creating anew genre of cars that Aston, Porsche, VW and Audi, et al, are emulating (BMW is refusing to acknowledge it beauty by making such useless tripe as the X6, 5GT). When the new CLS appears, they will once again be left behind.
Again, love the car, but now I have a glitch and need some advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts