Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
slk55amg
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It there anyone installed foot rest(dead pedal) to SLK? I'm feeling very uncomfortable about my left foot. I found dead pedals from eBay, but they look different from SLK pedals. If anyone found and installed, please post pictures. Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 slk 350
468 Posts
I am also interested if anyone with a manual has found a suitable foot rest. I think it's odd that there isn't one. I'm concerned about the long term wear to that area.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
For the old SLK, some people found/bought a second acceleration pedal, and fixed this in place as a dead pedal.

Or if you want to make the interior prettier, you could always get a Brabus pedal set that has a dead pedal too (quite a few manufacturers have such options).

·
Registered
SLK 200 R171
67 Posts
Shinigami - 3/24/2005 5:52 PM

For the old SLK, some people found/bought a second acceleration pedal, and fixed this in place as a dead pedal.

Or if you want to make the interior prettier, you could always get a Brabus pedal set that has a dead pedal too (quite a few manufacturers have such options).
Shinigami,

Can I confirm if the pair of black front wings of the SLK 55 Iridium consists of a double sided tape that is attached to the grill ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
'14 CLS63 AMG S, '10 GLK350, '03 SL5000
289 Posts
Yes, I added this inexpensive dead pedal...

Here's a photo of the dead pedal I added. It is the brake pedal from a pedal set I bought from AutoZone for $20 -- specifically, the Performance Pedal Set for Automatic Transmissions, Titanium, Item #7728 made by Redline. The manufacturer also makes a brighter, more chrome-like pedal, but it is not as good a match as the Titanium color, as I recall.

I considered attaching it with self-tapping screws, but ended up simply using Velcro loop-and-hook tape with adhesive backing. This allows easy removal for cleaning.

It's not a perfect match for the SLK55 pedals, but it is close enough and it functions well. Although the carpet shows through the holes, this should prevent the carpet from being worn excessively in that area. (Another one of those items that MB "forgot" and could add to the next SLK update.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts