Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Caspian Blue SLK350
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel rather lucky to live in Delaware. Not for the beauty of the state, not for the cultural aptitude of its museums, not for its fine restaurants, but that the state does not require a front plate.

I hope they never require a front plate, so the front of the car stays natural.

Are there any other states or counties that do not require a front plate?

·
Registered
06 SLK 55 Firemist
1,580 Posts
Well you might feel a lot luckier if you lived in Atlanta and could drive your SLK top down most days of the year (we did get some snow one day last year) without a front plate. BTW you could also have beauty, cultural attractions, and fine restaurants. Also I believe Florida, South Carolina, and Alabama don't require front plates.

·
Registered
SLK 230 & SLK350 and Jaguar XF PL
568 Posts
When I first had a look at this thread I thought someone who loves his R171 so much they were going to have it christened but I see its about front plates not font.

gary

·
Registered
'06 BMW 6.30 Coupe
119 Posts
no fronts in florida also :)

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
homealone - 3/28/2005 8:51 AM

When I first had a look at this thread I thought someone who loves his R171 so much they were going to have it christened but I see its about front plates not font.

gary
[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][8D][8D][8D][8D]

LOL....I love that....what a sense of humor you Brits have...

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
California requires them but most people don't put them on. [}:)][;)]

Let me rephrase that. Most people who do not want to ruin the look of their beautiful car don't put them on.[:I]

·
Registered
2005 SLK350 2011 GLK3504X 2006 ML350(selling when GLK arrives)
1,940 Posts
malibuite - 3/28/2005 10:22 AM

Most people who do not want to ruin the look of their beautiful car don't put them on.[:I]
Now, now, malibuite; not everyone subscribes to the theory that it ruins the look of the car...[B)]

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Motzkoman - 3/28/2005 11:14 AM

malibuite - 3/28/2005 10:22 AM

Most people who do not want to ruin the look of their beautiful car don't put them on.[:I]
Now, now, malibuite; not everyone subscribes to the theory that it ruins the look of the car...[B)]
Hi M: I said "most" people....not "everyone"[;)]

·
Registered
2000SLK-2005SLK
57 Posts
I have a friend on the Calif Hiway Patrol. About 4 months ago the officers were directed to focus on and cite those vehicles w/o front plates.
I know I'll sleep better at night knowing all the criminal types are being watched.[:0]

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Doctor K - 4/11/2005 1:33 PM

I have a friend on the Calif Hiway Patrol. About 4 months ago the officers were directed to focus on and cite those vehicles w/o front plates.
I know I'll sleep better at night knowing all the criminal types are being watched.[:0]
Will take my chances[;)] Besides here the CHP is too busy catching celebrities driving drunk on PCH[8D]

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Doctor K - 4/11/2005 1:33 PM

Will take my chances[;)] Besides here the CHP is too busy catching celebrities driving drunk on PCH[8D]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts