Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1989 560sl, 2016 G63
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After printing and following the steps to fix my close assist pump, I found it was too sick to repair. I could get the doors functioning, but not the boot. Just wasn't happening.

I took the S-500 to W.I Simonson Mercedes Benz and they found no leaks, but said the pump was inop and needed to be replaced. They charged me $899 for the pump and now all works perfectly and, can't imagine it being related, but the sticky sunroof tilt works perfectly now as well. Can this be related?

I also replaced the accumulators and the ride is amazing, like new again. They must have been going bad for ages as it's been over a year since the ride was this nice.

Total bill from the stealership, a very resonable, in my opinion, $1,897.52.

I'm sure an independent could have done it cheaper, but I cannot find one I trust in the Santa Monica/Marina Del Rey area.

Cheers,

R.

·
Registered
1997 Mercedes 600 Coupe & 1995 500 Coupe, 2004 Yamaha R1 200hp 360 pounds
1,146 Posts
glad to hear shes perfect again...now i need to fix my close assist pump as well...the passenger side works great but the drivers side doesnt...these cars cost a bundle to maintain but there is satisfaction when everything works all at once (at least for a little while)...

·
Premium Member
1997 S600 (sold)
4,660 Posts
After printing and following the steps to fix my close assist pump, I found it was too sick to repair. I could get the doors functioning, but not the boot. Just wasn't happening.

I took the S-500 to W.I Simonson Mercedes Benz and they found no leaks, but said the pump was inop and needed to be replaced. They charged me $899 for the pump and now all works perfectly and, can't imagine it being related, but the sticky sunroof tilt works perfectly now as well. Can this be related?

I also replaced the accumulators and the ride is amazing, like new again. They must have been going bad for ages as it's been over a year since the ride was this nice.

Total bill from the stealership, a very resonable, in my opinion, $1,897.52.

I'm sure an independent could have done it cheaper, but I cannot find one I trust in the Santa Monica/Marina Del Rey area.

Cheers,

R.
I think you gave up a little too easily on the pump. :) But, convenience has its price. It could've taken a few hours of diagnostics and fiddling just to see if it could be repaired.

Brett

1 - 3 of 3 Posts