Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assume that sensor alert went off on the rear brakes since they were reported as near due at last service. Warning just came on Friday afternoon - Wondering if I have a little "grace period" before hitting metal on metal. I'd like to put the job off until next weekend, and would likely need to drive about 50 - 100 miles in the mean time. I know it would be best to pull the wheels and see, but don't have anyplace warm to work until end of next week, and just hoping for a "ball park."

Thanks!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think you should be fine for that distance. You probably have 500 miles or so, especially on the rear, depending on your driving. But, I wouldn't leave them for much longer if you hope to reuse your rotors.

·
Registered
31,633 Posts
Hey, D. I think it depends on your driving habits. I drive mostly freeway (so pretty easy life on the brakes) and went over a thousand after the brake wear indicator came on, still had plenty left after that, too. (No, I wasn't being irresponsible, I was replacing rotors anyway...;))

If you're mostly a city driver, lots of stop and go, a few hundred should be safe.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts